CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bears have signed twelve undrafted rookie free agents: Bowling Green wide receiver Freddie Barnes, UTEP cornerback Cornelius Brown, Montana tackle Levi Horn, Michigan wide receiver Greg Mathews, Indiana linebacker Matt Mayberry, Michigan running back Brandon Minor, Nicholls State wide receiver Antonio Robinson, Texas A&M Kingsville defensive tackle Jimmy Saddler-McQueen, Northern Iowa safety Quentin Scott, Nebraska defensive end Barry Turner, Colorado State center Tim Walter and Ohio State defensive end Lawrence Wilson.

The team is scheduled to hold its annual rookie mini-camp beginning Friday, April 30 at Halas Hall.

Do you expect anybody to make the team?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
one or two of those guys maybe

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I've checked out Levi Horn. Doubt he will make the team. I've seen it said he has talent but is very raw and unpolished.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
Freddie Barnes is pretty good. He led College Football in catches, YPC, touchdowns, and catches per game. I know we have a lot of young receivers but I think since Martz loves good route runners this guy may have a chance.

regoob2

Liked Posts:
I never drank the Freddie Barnes kool-aid. He doesnt bring anything to the table. He would never see the field. He's a PS player.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
If Freddie Barnes pans out, awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing him prove many people wrong :)

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like us to get a taller receiver, but if Barnes plays well, why not give him a chance?

Danario Alexander please. Give him a look.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like us to get a taller receiver, but if Barnes plays well, why not give him a chance?

Danario Alexander please. Give him a look.
Just because your tall doesn't mean that you're good. A lot of tall WRs have trouble separating because they don't have the speed and quickness needed to. Alexander has a troublesome knee and he couldn't separate from the defenders at the Senior Bowl.

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just because your tall doesn't mean that you're good. A lot of tall WRs have trouble separating because they don't have the speed and quickness needed to. Alexander has a troublesome knee and he couldn't separate from the defenders at the Senior Bowl.

I never said that being tall meant you were good.

I said I'd like us to get a taller receiver. All we have is short guys.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope Barnes, Scott, and Mayberry make the roster. Mayberry would be a ST monster and he could back up Urlacher.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never said that being tall meant you were good.

I said I'd like us to get a taller receiver. All we have is short guys.
I'd love a receiver who's 6'4-6'5, but it's hard to find tall receivers who have good hands and can separate from defenders

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Danario is just another Markus Monk with worse health.

Now that tall receiver from Fresno State is who i wanted us to grab in FA but of course, the Chargers get him.

IDK who makes the squad this season. I'll wait till the pre-season to make any judgements.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
You don't need separation in the redzone. You need solid hands, leaping, and height. We have an excellent redzone target in Olsen, but another one in Danario Alexander wouldn't hurt. Give him a look...it will only cost you 40,000 a month until we decide whether we want him or not.

Juice Williams is making zero. He was invited to try out. That really tells you his chances.

j11430

Liked Posts:
I didn't look into that many of them but Freddie Barnes caught 155 passes in college last year. I don't care if he went to bowling green, bowling blue, or south dakota's school for bowlers. I want that guy on my squad!

Status
Not open for further replies.