Luongo Talks Blackhawks Or Panthers As Destinations

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Any Hawks fan that would protest to Luongo on the Hawks is either dumb or stupid. Or a meatball, which is synonymous to the other two words.

I liked everything you said up until this final sentence. I don't see why placing merit in the fact that he has never won a Cup, has had some rather obvious meltdowns in the playoffs and has statistically regressed from the regular season to the postseason in each of the past three years would make one dumb, stupid or a meatball.

If he was in net for the Hawks in the playoffs I'd be dreading the possibility that a 7-goal game for the opponents could be lurking on any night.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I liked everything you said up until this final sentence. I don't see why placing merit in the fact that he has never won a Cup, has had some rather obvious meltdowns in the playoffs and has statistically regressed from the regular season to the postseason in each of the past three years would make one dumb, stupid or a meatball.

If he was in net for the Hawks in the playoffs I'd be dreading the possibility that a 7-goal game for the opponents could be lurking on any night.

Exactly. The Hawks don't need another goalie to get into the playoffs....they need one to perform well IN the playoffs. The last three playoff years have been nothing but torture to Luongo...off & on benchings and being pulled regularly at playoff time are not part of the package I'd be looking for in a goalie. Anyone that can't see that his best days are not ahead of him should take off the blinders.

LonghornBob

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will admit that I dislike Luongo and that might taint my feelings about him as a goalie, but that isn't CLOSE to the only reason I don't want him.

My feeling about goalies is that they either have "it", or they don't have "it". They're like quarterbacks. I'm a Houston Texans fan. Matt Schaub is a damned good quarterback. That said, I don't think he has "it".

There are plenty of goalies right now who have that little spark, that magic, that ability to make a sick save at the critical moment, to fight through all the bullshit, all the turnovers, all the bad bounces and breakaways, and win a Cup. I just don't think Luongo is one of them. Could he win one with a kickass offense that controls the puck and a shutdown defense that only allows the other team to getoff 18 shots a game? Probably... then again so could I.

I just don't think the guy has the mojo to win it so why spend the money when the team we'd have to build to win the Cup with him would be good enough to win with less expensive goalies who have no baggage?

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You missed the point of that last sentence though. I'm not saying that every Hawks fan should want him on the team and be begging for him to be on the Hawks. No way. I'm saying that any fan that would be mad at the Blackhawks for making this move is probably a meatball. He makes the team better and is a good goaltender.

I think he would probably have the same problems he had in Vancouver in Chicago too. The defense isn't great. Yes, Keith and Seabrook are still here. But Hjalmarsson will probably be involved in the trade. That leaves Oduya and Leddy as the second pairing. And who is the third? SOD and someone? That's not great.

Luongo is a great goalie, but like all goalies he needs his defense to be good in front of him. The defense was a big issue last year and I don't think there is that much of a difference between Luongo behind bad defense and Corey Crawford behind bad defense. The difference isn't enough to win the cup. Defense needs to improve too, but Bowman obviously doesn't agree.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
You missed the point of that last sentence though. I'm not saying that every Hawks fan should want him on the team and be begging for him to be on the Hawks. No way. I'm saying that any fan that would be mad at the Blackhawks for making this move is probably a meatball. He makes the team better and is a good goaltender.

I think he would probably have the same problems he had in Vancouver in Chicago too. The defense isn't great. Yes, Keith and Seabrook are still here. But Hjalmarsson will probably be involved in the trade. That leaves Oduya and Leddy as the second pairing. And who is the third? SOD and someone? That's not great.

Luongo is a great goalie, but like all goalies he needs his defense to be good in front of him. The defense was a big issue last year and I don't think there is that much of a difference between Luongo behind bad defense and Corey Crawford behind bad defense. The difference isn't enough to win the cup. Defense needs to improve too, but Bowman obviously doesn't agree.

Got it. And agreed.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Roberto+Luongo+still+poker+faced+about+final+destination/6936139/story.html

They even reportedly dangled one of Vancouver’s arch-enemies, Dave Bolland, to the crew over at Rogers Arena. Now, that would take some getting used to, both for fans and players.

Bolland in the same locker-room as the Sedins? You could probably put their first handshake on PPV. Luongo with Patrick Kane? File it under ‘we’d have to see it to believe it’.

GUN.jpg

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marcus Kruger isn't good enough yet to be the 3C.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
*Googles Roberto Luongo*
First Result
luongo_beachball.jpg

Yeah I'm good

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Um okay, that proves nothing. Lou is 100x the goaltender Crawf is.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
^^ atleast he made the money

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you follow luongo on twitter, he is actually fucking hilarious. Likable. Would love to see how he molded with the guys on the team.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@strombone1 ... seriously, it's him. Real good stuff.

Yeah. I wouldn't have believed it at first. Crazy stuff.

And what he said about Chelsea Dagger.

He seems like a really good guy with a good sense of humor that's pretty sarcastic. Those quotes and the tweets he has makes me feel a little better about him if that's possible.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think the fact that he is funny will matter... People I don't like don't think I'm funny but the friends of those people do, does that make the person who dislikes me any more likely to like me? No because he just doesn't like me. That is the situation with the Hawk's players and fans

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think the fact that he is funny will matter... People I don't like don't think I'm funny but the friends of those people do, does that make the person who dislikes me any more likely to like me? No because he just doesn't like me. That is the situation with the Hawk's players and fans

I'm just saying that he gets traded to the Hawks, has some good games, wins, and does something funny and has some awesome interviews then people are gonna start liking him more. I can almost guarantee it. Fans will get over it quickly if it happens and if they're real fans. If they're a real fan, they won't care who the player is as long as the team is winning.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I don't know if I ever hated Luongo, there are plenty of better guys to hate in Vancouver: Burrows, Lapierre, Bieksa, etc.

But I like the guy now and hope he gets the hell out of Vancouver into a better situation.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know what I can see your point there, but like you said he would have to do a lot of things right