Don Cooper: Danks isn't close to returning

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper said Thursday that John Danks (shoulder) is not close to returning.

"John is not feeling so hot," Cooper told WSCR-AM 670. "His shoulder is not feeling so good, we've made minimal progress with it and from my standpoint -- I don’t mean this fully, I love John -- he’s not on my radar right now. We would love to have John back, but that doesn’t look like that’s happening in the next two-to-three weeks at least." Danks has been on the disabled list since May 20. He'll aim to return by the middle of August.

Adding another starter is a must for Kenny now.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we would hope.

Sent from my Asshole using Tapatalk

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem is that the Sox probably aren't in on the trades for either Hamels or Greinke. Greinke is more likely, but I still don't see it happening.

If the Sox did get Greinke, I think this would go down as one of the best years for midseason trades for Kenny. Youkilis and Greinke in one year would be ridiculous.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
What about Blanton? Anyone see us possibly making a play on him?

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sox don't need a top tier guy when you have Sale & Peavy.

They need somebody better than Dylan Axelrod.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sox don't need a top tier guy when you have Sale & Peavy.

They need somebody better than Dylan Axelrod.

:obama:

No. The Sox need a front guy, so then everyone moves back and the back end is really good. And Axelrod will be out of the rotation after the All Star break anyway. I don't get where you're coming from.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
need a 2/3 guy for the stretch run and for the post season matchups. im scared of nl guys more and more. gotta see who in the al is going to be available come dead line day

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
need a 2/3 guy for the stretch run and for the post season matchups. im scared of nl guys more and more. gotta see who in the al is going to be available come dead line day

Yeah. It's at the point where if you make the playoffs, who are your four guys? Peavy, Sale, Floyd, and maybe Danks? That's not very assuring and sure as hell won't win the World Series. The Sox will be one and done with those four.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah. It's at the point where if you make the playoffs, who are your four guys? Peavy, Sale, Floyd, and maybe Danks? That's not very assuring and sure as hell won't win the World Series. The Sox will be one and done with those four.

i want that top 3 guy because it gives a nice punch plus a nice ass rotation for the season. i have a feeling a really strong feeling who the sox may get. im not going to say it in here, maybe il pm ya. and no for the trolls...its not a cub pitcher.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i want that top 3 guy because it gives a nice punch plus a nice ass rotation for the season. i have a feeling a really strong feeling who the sox may get. im not going to say it in here, maybe il pm ya. and no for the trolls...its not a cub pitcher.

I have no idea who they'll get. But I agree that they need a top 3 guy. If Peavy, Sale, Danks, and the guy you trade for are the top 4 in the playoffs, you might have an okay chance. As long as Danks is good and not terrible like he was earlier in the season. Just needs to not hurry and get back whenever he can.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

You got my interest piqued. Can I ask if he either just came off the DL or is a former Sox?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You got my interest piqued. Can I ask if he either just came off the DL or is a former Sox?

no and no. it is a pitcher that in very small context has been linked to before. if the team that would trade with us doesnt look at the minors ranking as a whole and goes for specific players there is a small ass chance. kw has always wanted this guy but has never made it obvious like he did with peavy. i know if I mention a name i will get ambushed by cub fans, but as small as a chance there is, there is still a chance. oh and he isnt a subject of any rumor.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
A guy that to me would make some sense given the Sox situation as I see it would be Kevin Millwood. Doubt that is the guy you are thinking of Dews, but that would seem to be the type of deal that could work for both sides.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A guy that to me would make some sense given the Sox situation as I see it would be Kevin Millwood. Doubt that is the guy you are thinking of Dews, but that would seem to be the type of deal that could work for both sides.

my guy is more or less better and very very hard to obtain. millwood would be great, all be it he doesnt give up HRS but he pitches in somewhat of a pitchers park. I wouldnt mind him

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can certainly think of better pitchers out there, but he is a free agent to be and is 37. I think he would be pretty reasonable priced and there doesn't seem to be a lot of buzz about him. Just seems like an under the radar type move that could work out to get a guy to help carry the load that could be gotten without elite prospects.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can certainly think of better pitchers out there, but he is a free agent to be and is 37. I think he would be pretty reasonable priced and there doesn't seem to be a lot of buzz about him. Just seems like an under the radar type move that could work out to get a guy to help carry the load that could be gotten without elite prospects.

yeh millwood isnt really rumored yet. more teams need to fall off the map. the extra wild card and the compensation is going to make this trade deadline tough for a lot of teams.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Humber's rehab start for Birmingham today:

humber.png