Humber Back

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Humber very satisfied with Thursday rehab start. Will start in Boston. He's not sure of day but it would be Tuesday
- @scottmerkin

He'll be back to play the Red Sox on Tuesday. In his rehab start he threw 6 innings of two hit ball. 48 of 78 pitches were strikes.
He made two rehab starts before that one as well.

Look forward to having him back in the rotation, especially if he's going to pitch like he did early in the season.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Humber very satisfied with Thursday rehab start. Will start in Boston. He's not sure of day but it would be Tuesday
- @scottmerkin

He'll be back to play the Red Sox on Tuesday. In his rehab start he threw 6 innings of two hit ball. 48 of 78 pitches were strikes.
He made two rehab starts before that one as well.

Look forward to having him back in the rotation, especially if he's going to pitch like he did early in the season.

Meaning his first two starts because his ERA has been over 4 ever since the perfect game?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't give a shit if he had an ERA around 4 actually. He's a bottom of the rotation guy.
Well I guess I was just curious what you meant by pitching like he was at the beginning of the season. He had two real good starts to start the year then had a pattern of getting shelled followed by a quality start until his last three were bad before going on the DL.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I guess I was just curious what you meant by pitching like he was at the beginning of the season. He had two real good starts to start the year then had a pattern of getting shelled followed by a quality start until his last three were bad before going on the DL.

Basically not sucking as bad as he did right before he went to the DL was my point.

Not expecting him to pitch like he did last year because that would be a ridiculous thing to expect.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My mistake- Humber will be back to start on Wednesday, not Tuesday.

Not sure who will start Tuesday. Probably Axelrod still.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
My mistake- Humber will be back to start on Wednesday, not Tuesday.

Not sure who will start Tuesday. Probably Axelrod still.
Certainly possible but he did toss 2 innings (31 pitches) during the marathon last night. That would be three days of rest to go on Tuesday.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Certainly possible but he did toss 2 innings (31 pitches) during the marathon last night. That would be three days of rest to go on Tuesday.

They had him go off three days rest before the break too.

But now there's talks that Humber might end up pitching Tuesday and Axelrod after him. But I'm not sure if I'm on board with that because Humber would be going on 4 days rest.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears