Could it be a blessing in disguise that Rose will miss the Olympics?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I already explained how Rose could use this as motivation to improve his all-around game. Is an ACL injury harder to come back from? Yes. But if he does end up coming back as explosive as ever, this could be his wake-up call to not be so wreckless.

There is a chance that Rose will never be the same player, but there is also a more than solid chance that he will come back as good as he was before. We will need to wait and see if it does turn out to be a blessing.

And Deng is already injured. No need to "hope for" that.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
based on some barely substantiated conjecture which has pretty much been shot down?

at best i see them in the lottery unless they trade up(unlikely,though a deal could be had)

it's a crap shoot,even in the lottery...so maybe maybe not

It is silly to think that Rose won't learn a couple of lessons from this injury. One of them will be that he has to stop relying so much on his athleticism. That isn't silly to bring up.

There are definitely benefits of having a lost season. There are plenty of directions the Bulls can go that will help them be a better team in a couple of years than they were the past two years.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I already explained how Rose could use this as motivation to improve his all-around game.
the reasoning doesn't really make any sense

Is an ACL injury harder to come back from? Yes.
but he'll overcome cuz of,you know, the motivation factor

But if he does end up coming back as explosive as ever, this could be his wake-up call to not be so wreckless.
i don't get this....what exactly do you want him to change?

rose predicates on causing defensive problems by being athletic and being able to split the defense and get to the hole, which opens up the offense in other areas,causes foul issues for bigs, and allows for closer and easier baskets

rose has already been working to improve his perimeter game(namely shooting) before he got hurt...

do you want him to do less driving and more shooting,because we can assume he won't be the same player?

cut down on turnovers maybe? considering the fact that rose handles the ball alot and has a good A/TO ratio..this isn't a big deal

what exactly do you mean by less reckless

There is a chance that Rose will never be the same player, but there is also a more than solid chance that he will come back as good as he was before. We will need to wait and see if it does turn out to be a blessing.

i mean,first,blessing is a pretty strong word when you juxtapose it with the fact that rose tore his ACL

plus the whole olympics spiel didn't make any sense

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hahahah I googled this and found this article

http://www.chicagonow.com/talk-bulls-now/2012/04/was-derrick-roses-injury-a-blessing-in-disguise/

i just found it funny because it was written by a guy named Sami. Sami, Rami. Also, Sami made some dumb statements... like "Carlos Boozer has finally earned the right to be labeled as a $16 million man." :lmao: and " Now the Bulls know how to operate when Rose is off the floor." Didn't seem like it against Philly.

That article was prior to the ACL tear. Boozer did play every game last season but I disagree that he is worth those 15M dollars. And Lucas is not a very good player.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That article was prior to the ACL tear. Boozer did play every game last season but I disagree that he is worth those 15M dollars. And Lucas is not a very good player.

I know, I just thought it was funny.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But was this thread inspired by this quote from this article by any chance:

Also, I was wondering... is this thread inspired by this quote from this article:

"He looked at the whole thing in a bigger picture and basically said, 'You know this may have been a message to me to slow down and to really look at what's going on around me and to step back.' He said 'I think God was telling me things are coming at you too fast.' And he said 'coach I'm gonna come back (and) wait until you see my body when I come back.' And he said 'I'm going to be better than I was before I got hurt.' And if you know him, you understand when he gets on a mission that way, he's going."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...ls-guard-derrick-rose-come-back-stronger-ever

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some of you need to learn the difference between the words "maybe" and "will."

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It is silly to think that Rose won't learn a couple of lessons from this injury.
1.No one said that rose won't learn something from it

2. that =/= a blessing in disguise

One of them will be that he has to stop relying so much on his athleticism. That isn't silly to bring up..
but is this something that he hasn't realized through other injuries...or the fact that rose has evidently been working to improve his outside shot before the injury occured?

ya i guess he'll learn a lesson or two...it might not be the lesson that you think though
There are definitely benefits of having a lost season.
and sure enough, there are drawbacks...like the fact that it is a "lost" season(time is an NBA player's greatest enemy)..and your biggest marketing tool for the team,mr. rose, is out indefinitely

There are plenty of directions the Bulls can go that will help them be a better team in a couple of years than they were the past two years.
plenty of directions the bulls can go that could make them a worse team in a couple of years than they were in the past two years

or even if the bulls do go in said direction, will that lead them to a title..who knows?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I already explained how Rose could use this as motivation to improve his all-around game. Is an ACL injury harder to come back from? Yes. But if he does end up coming back as explosive as ever, this could be his wake-up call to not be so wreckless.
So Rose coming back as explosive as ever is going to teach him to not be so reckless? How? It's not as though Rose hurt himself on a "reckless" play. What's Rose going to do to be less "reckless?" Quit jump stopping?

Last edited:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just think its silly to label a torn ACL a blessing.

:dunno:
it's making a hyperbole of the silver lining that almost every bad situation has

basically it's "the glass is 1/5th full, and i am assuming that my friend will use this as motivation to get me more milk"

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
it's making a hyperbole of the silver lining that almost every bad situation has

basically it's "the glass is 1/5th full, and i am assuming that my friend will use this as motivation to get me more milk"

Basically more empty cliche and hyperbole from Rami.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the reasoning doesn't really make any sense

He relies too much on his athletic ability to score points. We already saw a couple of games when he did play badly injured. He was a terrible player without his penetration ability.

but he'll overcome cuz of,you know, the motivation factor

Never said that.

i don't get this....what exactly do you want him to change?

He needs to pick his spots instead of throwing his body around like a ragdoll on every other possession.

rose predicates on causing defensive problems by being athletic and being able to split the defense and get to the hole, which opens up the offense in other areas,causes foul issues for bigs, and allows for closer and easier baskets

rose has already been working to improve his perimeter game(namely shooting) before he got hurt...

He needs to continue that improvement. He needs to improve his flat-footed shooting and this will be a chance for that. Rose hit only 31% of his three's last year because he didn't have the lift under him on his jump-shot. 36% and up is where Rose should be with that three-pointer. He also needs to improve his post-up game.

do you want him to do less driving and more shooting,because we can assume he won't be the same player?

No. I think there is a very good chance he will be essentially the same player. An ACL injury isn't as devastating (typically) as it used to be. It is not like he had micro-fracture surgery. Rose needs to stop crashing and burning so many times over the course of a regular season to avoid future injuries like these.

what exactly do you mean by less reckless

He takes too many painful spills over the course of a game/season. I understand that this was a strange season but it will shorten your prime/career regardless. And it is risky. Those types of spills Rose takes leads to minor injuries which compound and lead to other injuries. It is like a domino effect that probably led to Rose tearing his ACL.

i mean,first,blessing is a pretty strong word when you juxtapose it with the fact that rose tore his ACL

"could be" =/= "is"

plus the whole olympics spiel didn't make any sense

Sure it does. I think seeing my rivals win a gold medal while I'm sitting at home would be extra fuel for that fire to make sure I was there 4 years from now (and able to be there in 4 years).

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
at least rami subliminally admitted that the whole olympics thing didn't make any sense

problem is that this was the original premise for rose's injury being a blessing in disguise(re:OP)

what does that mean?

it's a non-sequitur:crazydance:!

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears