Could it be a blessing in disguise that Rose will miss the Olympics?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find it pretty funny Rami accused Rose's lack of lift on why he was bad from 3.

As if we need any more reason to figure out that Rami has never played or participated in the game of basketball in any way in his entire life.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Rose coming back as explosive as ever is going to teach him to not be so reckless? How? It's not as though Rose hurt himself on a "reckless" play. What's Rose going to do to be less "reckless?" Quit jump stopping?

First of all, IF Rose IS lucky enough to come back as explosive as ever, that COULD make him realize how lucky he is that the injury wasn't worse. And that COULD be motivation for him to have less percentage of his attempts ending with him taking a painful spill.

Those types of spills lead to pain. That pain often leads to minor injuries. Those minor injuries often lead to injuries that could force you to sit out. And those can multiply in no time.

When you are favoring one injury, it often increases the likelihood of a major one. Rose could've been favoring one injury and threw off his balance on his other side. The is something that happens in sports.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find it pretty funny Rami accused Rose's lack of lift on why he was bad from 3.

As if we need any more reason to figure out that Rami has never played or participated in the game of basketball in any way in his entire life.

You obviously don't understand geometry or shooting. Of course Rose's lack of vertical lift hurt his three-point percentage.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand I'm dealing with typical overly pessimistic Chicawwgo sports fans here. So I'll try to not hold that against all of you.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
You obviously don't understand geometry or shooting. Of course Rose's lack of vertical lift hurt his three-point percentage.

:obama: I'm an actual basketball player, people who I've played with and against, vertical lift doesn't do much. It's about how much arc is on the shot. Jumping higher or lower shouldn't affect arc.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
First of all, IF Rose IS lucky enough to come back as explosive as ever, that COULD make him realize how lucky he is that the injury wasn't worse. And that COULD be motivation for him to have less percentage of his attempts ending with him taking a painful spill.
Again, how would his injury prove this to him? He wasn't injured being "reckless". He was injured making a fundamental move.

Those types of spills lead to pain. That pain often leads to minor injuries. Those minor injuries often lead to injuries that could force you to sit out. And those can multiply in no time.
Do you know how ACL injuries work? Seriously? If"minor injuries piling up" lead Rose to tearing his ACL how does Wade still have functioning knees? Wade should be on what? His 15th ACL in each knee by now?

Talk about reaching...........
When you are favoring one injury, it often increases the likelihood of a major one. Rose could've been favoring one injury and threw off his balance on his other side. The is something that happens in sports.
This is hilarious. Rose's most chronic injury is on his left side(the toe). Yet his body "over compensates" and he tears his left ACL. If your crack pot idea was right..he would have torn his right ACL..not his left.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

:obama: I'm an actual basketball player, people who I've played with and against, vertical lift doesn't do much. It's about how much arc is on the shot. Jumping higher or lower shouldn't affect arc.
I've played and still coach the sport and this is spot on. It'sall about getting a repeatable motion. You actual want "less" lift in a jump shot from the perspective if you get too much "lift" from jumping it's tough to get a consistent release point if as you tire you are unable to get the same lift time and time again. There's a reason why many elite jumpers have issues with their jump shot being inconsistent......

LOL at Rami failing horribly.

Last edited:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again, how would his injury prove this to him? He wasn't injured being "reckless". He was injured making a fundamental move.

Do you know how ACL injuries work? Seriously? If"minor injuries piling up" lead Rose to tearing his ACL how does Wade still have functioning knees? Wade should be on what? His 15th ACL in each knee by now?

Talk about reaching...........

This is hilarious. Rose's most chronic injury is on his left side(the toe). Yet his body "over compensates" and he tears his left ACL. If your crack pot idea was right..he would have torn his right ACL..not his left.

His body could have reacted from the pain of his toe and caused him to shift his center of gravity slightly and caused his knee to give. We honestly can't say for sure. It could have been a freak thing but I doubt it.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You do not play on the pro-level. There is a difference.

Rose learned to shoot with his 40-inch vertical leap. He never learned a different way because that is how he practiced.

And, yes, the ball being at rim-level at release does help the percentage of the shot typical. And Rose does have good form on his shot.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've played and still coach the sport and this is spot on. It'sall about getting a repeatable motion. You actual want "less" lift in a jump shot from the perspective if you get too much "lift" from jumping it's tough to get a consistent release point if as you tire you are unable to get the same lift time and time again. There's a reason why many elite jumpers have issues with their jump shot being inconsistent......

LOL at Rami failing horribly.
FT knows what he's talking about. Repitition is the most important thing. Lol at "zomg highest jumper is best shooter and stuffz" well time to guy fuck up my shot by jumping as high as I possibly can when I shoot. Wish me luck. Hope coach likes my new form

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You do not play on the pro-level. There is a difference.

Rose learned to shoot with his 40-inch vertical leap. He never learned a different way because that is how he practiced.

23551929.jpg

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
FT knows what he's talking about. Repitition is the most important thing. Lol at "zomg highest jumper is best shooter and stuffz" well time to guy fuck up my shot by jumping as high as I possibly can when I shoot. Wish me luck. Hope coach likes my new form

Someone should Kevin Durant and Ray Allen to jump higher on their jump shots.

I'm frankly amazed Bird ever made anything.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You can have repetition while still having a high release-point. Creating less physical space between you and the basket helps increase shooting percentage. Having that high release point also makes it harder for team defenses to contest your shot successfully.