Could it be a blessing in disguise that Rose will miss the Olympics?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it might end up that way. Rose has always had a "me against the world" mentality. You can see some of the Team USA stars bonding and socializing with each other and I think Rose not going to the Summer games this year probably will make it easier for him to want to beat those guys and want to prove something (i.e. win an NBA championship and a Gold Medal in 2016) in the future.

And seeing all of the success that his piers are having the opportunity to get, in his absence, will definitely make him want to keep improving his all-around game.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
lol. That's stupid. It's not an exhibition game. It's the Olympics. You play for your country and it's the ultimate honor for every athlete to participate. And some of the USA team players are close friends of him.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1. Rose might not even play in the olympics in 2016. Stern and Co. are trying to make it so that guys over 23 can't play in the Olympics anymore.

2. Just because these guys are "bonding" doesn't meant they want to beat each other any less. Do you think Durant, RW, or Harden would want to beat LBJ and the heat any less just because they're playing together in the olympics?

3. A player tearing his ACL is never good in any way.He MIGHT not be the same player ever again. I don't see this as a blessing in any way.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol. That's stupid. It's not an exhibition game. It's the Olympics. You play for your country and it's the ultimate honor for every athlete to participate. And some of the USA team players are close friends of him.

Of course missing the Olympics sucks. Not saying otherwise.

What I am saying is Rose could use this experience as motivation to improve in the future.

I guess I should stop talking about "stupid" things and make a topic about trading Boozer for Dwight Howard. After all, the Magic will want Boozer for his "good defense."

Last edited:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think it might end up that way. Rose has always had a "me against the world" mentality. You can see some of the Team USA stars bonding and socializing with each other and I think Rose not going to the Summer games this year probably will make it easier for him to want to beat those guys and want to prove something (i.e. win an NBA championship and a Gold Medal in 2016) in the future.
he should want to prove himself regardless,because winning gold in the olympics does not really prove him as an individual nba player

and you think that just because he might play with these guys on the olympic team..it would make it tougher for him to want to beat those guys?

if you have a drive,you have a drive.....i trust that rose,with his demeanor, would be able to understand that international and NBA play are very different and very separate, partly because he's played with some of the best in the NBA in international play before

i don't see alot of nba players,much less rose go into the finals,the playoffs,or any game in general thinking "I played with this guy in the olympics, so i don't really have that drive to beat this guy" or the opposite: "I didn't play in the olympics because i was hurt, and because of this, i am more focused on beating so and so" or whatever...maybe that's just me

the players are thinking more about the task at hand than about what happened or did not happen at the olympics

And seeing all of the success that his piers are having the opportunity to get, in his absence, will definitely make him want to keep improving his all-around game.

i mean, he should be doing this regardless as well:shrug:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Rose might not even play in the olympics in 2016. Stern and Co. are trying to make it so that guys over 23 can't play in the Olympics anymore.

2. Just because these guys are "bonding" doesn't meant they want to beat each other any less. Do you think Durant, RW, or Harden would want to beat LBJ and the heat any less just because they're playing together in the olympics?

3. A player tearing his ACL is never good in any way.He MIGHT not be the same player ever again. I don't see this as a blessing in any way.

1. They say that every 4 years. Has yet to happen.

2. It adds a little more fuel to the fire. Especially seeing those guys go up on that podium with those Gold Medals.

3. Tearing his ACL might be a wake-up call for Rose. He needs to stop being overly wreckless every single night. This might be what he needed to realize that he needs to improve his all-around game and stop relying on his athleticism too much.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Everything about the Olympics is good for a player. They get to play and practice with other elite members of the NBA.

Unless you believe that players shouldn't train and workout in the off-season because you're one of those people who lives in fear of injury(and forget that guys like Rose would have been on a training schedule more vigorous than the Olympic athletes are seeing), there is no reason to hate on players playing in the games.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No.

Rose is gonna want to beat those guys regardless of if he plays with them or not. He played with Westbrook, Durant, Rudy Gay, etc, in the FIBA World Championships and I don't think his drive was lessened at all.

If anything, I'd say it's actually even worse because he can't use that time to further bond with other stars and perhaps convince them to join him in Chicago. Though knowing Rose...that might be a little much to ask for. :dunno:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i rather him be there bonding and socializing than have a torn acl

Last edited:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if thread is srs.

ChicagoGr

Liked Posts:
I get what you mean but losing your star player is never "a blessing in disguise".
He would have to work his all-around game anyway, he doesn't need a torn ACL to do that.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obvious answer here, NO.

lock.gif

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
No more "blessing in disguise" threads. Thanks.

:derbulls:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Rose comes back better than ever and more motivated than ever, it could be a blessing in disguise. There is a very good chance that will be the case.

Also, if Rose/Deng misses enough of the season, the Bulls could potentially strike gold in the draft.

You never know how it will unfold until it unfolds. The Bulls can now set their targets a couple of years down the road instead of going all-in and losing against Miami and L.A.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Rose comes back better than ever and more motivated than ever, it could be a blessing in disguise. There is a very good chance that will be the case.
I keep hearing this. How would a blowing up your knee make you come back "more motivated"? In what way? Why?

Your basic theory revolves around that Rose blowing out his knee is a good thing because he won't be up until 4am playing cards with Lebron and the Bulls might get a lottery pick..... that might end up being good..at some point......all at the expense of Rose knee being structurally hurt.

Awesome.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

based on some barely substantiated conjecture which has pretty much been shot down?

Also, if Rose/Deng misses enough of the season, the Bulls could potentially strike gold in the draft.
at best i see them in the lottery unless they trade up(unlikely,though a deal could be had)

it's a crap shoot,even in the lottery...so maybe maybe not