Vancouver Newspaper scaring Hawk fans at the moment

ChicagoDawg1991

Randy Holt of rantsports.com
According to The Province out of Vancouver, the Blackhawks tossed Bolland’s name into trade talks for the star goaltender:

They even reportedly dangled one of Vancouver’s arch-enemies, Dave Bolland, to the crew over at Rogers Arena. Now, that would take some getting used to, both for fans and players.

Bolland in the same locker-room as the Sedins? You could probably put their first handshake on PPV. Luongo with Patrick Kane? File it under ‘we’d have to see it to believe it’.

Now, the Hawks’ “dangling” Dave Bolland’s name in trade talks means absolutely nothing. It could just mean his name was mentioned somewhere in the discussion and not necessarily that the Hawks were looking to move him in the deal. But as weird as it would be to see Roberto Luongo in the Indian Head, it would be even stranger to see Bolland donning the Vancouver blue.

In their numerous playoff meetings over the past few seasons, Bolland has become public enemy no. 1 in the eyes of the Canuck faithful. He’s shutdown their top line and went out of his way on an off day to rip the Sedin “sisters”. For all we know, mentioning Bolland might have just been in fun, though Stan Bowman doesn’t really seem like the joking type.

Now fans this is obviously just trying to scare us at the moment but it would be perhaps the dumbest trade Stan Bowman would ever make! I'm not sure what the hell they were smoking at the time the report was typed but I find it absolutely hilarious if they think that Dave "The Rat" Bolland would ever be a member of their cheap, dirty, diving overrated group of guys they call a hockey team and i'm pretty sure both sides would not hesitate to boo their newest arrivals.

Bolland for one hates the Sedin "Sisters", and Patrick Kane for one has a few scuffles and animated "talks" with Luongo on the ice. Now this thread is just for the laughter and jokes. One things for sure, Bolland aint going to Vancouver and Luongo for DAMN sure ain't coming to Chicago so which ever reporter typed this for the Province should do himself a favor and quit his job or actually wait before typing something stupid as that.

What are your responses Hawk fans? I bet your laughing your asses off right now

Last edited by a moderator:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
dave bolland or Roberto Luongo?? Il take Luongo all day long.

Reactions: X

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well lets see. You get Luongo so the goaltending issue is fixed. Kind of, but not really. And then you have Kruger at 3C. So that kind of sucks, but it's alright.

I think that this trade would be a PR nightmare for both teams though.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good
Dave+Bolland+Vancouver+Canucks+v+Chicago+Blackhawks+CSTD2IkqpDdl.jpg
Bad
luongo-copy.jpg

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
You seriously want a "reaction"?

Easy... it's a business, not a marriage. It always has been - I don't get this soap opera-esque feeling towards professional sports ... that angle is all make-believe marketing -- full stop.

Bolland as part of a trade for Luongo? Sure, why not. And frankly after that, who cares? (Rhetorical question).

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I'd take Luongo is not for the cap hit.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
cap hit is workable...we have cap space and frolik can be buried/craw can be traded

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
cap hit is workable...we have cap space and frolik can be buried/craw can be traded

For now...but the term is a killer. A lot of uncertainty with what you may and may not be able to do in the future.

Would be real risky. There are certain situations and trade options that I would take the risk though, however I wouldn't do it with the thought that certain players (including Luongo in the future) can be buried.

Hawksfan

Liked Posts:
Not so sure that I would do this trade! I think a lot of Hawk "fans" have been to quick to blame Crawford for our demise last year? Don't get me wrong, he did give some soft goals, but, you have to consider that last year was his first full season in the NHL and as a starter in the NHL! He's not a bad goalie! He kept us in a ton of games and will only get better! The major problem we had last year and in fact, the last 2 years is our defense and special teams! Ever since Torchetti left, our defense has been horrible! We are giving up the puck in our own zone way too much! We aren't clearing guys from in front of the net.

Bolland is a solid defensive center....he's our shut down center against other teams top lines! That's an intangible that you don't find too frequently!

We are short at Center and I don't see Krueger as being the answer!

I think, if we strengthen our defense and special teams and with another year of experience under Crawford's belt, we will be better! We need much more help getting another quality center than we do at goaltending and giving up a Center as good as Bolland, is not the answer....in my opinion.

Last edited:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
For now...but the term is a killer. A lot of uncertainty with what you may and may not be able to do in the future.

Would be real risky. There are certain situations and trade options that I would take the risk though, however I wouldn't do it with the thought that certain players (including Luongo in the future) can be buried.

I cant remember where I heard this, but I heard that Luongo said he would retire when he won a cup...his deal is alot like Hossa's imo...he will never play it out, it was for cap purposes (which still is high) lol

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I cant remember where I heard this, but I heard that Luongo said he would retire when he won a cup...his deal is alot like Hossa's imo...he will never play it out, it was for cap purposes (which still is high) lol

Correct, but my issue is...what happens if he doesn't retire? What happens if the CBA changes and long term contracts like that count against the cap regardless. What happens if they don't let those contracts be grandfathered in?

A lot of risk with the term. Not so much the cap hit, but more so the term.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Correct, but my issue is...what happens if he doesn't retire? What happens if the CBA changes and long term contracts like that count against the cap regardless. What happens if they don't let those contracts be grandfathered in?

A lot of risk with the term. Not so much the cap hit, but more so the term.

I think thats why this is taking so long...the teams want to know about the cba...Florida, chicago, toronto, etc will look twice at luongo's contract if the cap hit is guaranteed under new rules