Sox Have Greinke On Their Radar

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
cue up

"zomfg youz guyz are ranked 30thzz and stuffz in the farmsz" from cub fans.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cue dewey getting upset over something many noncubs fans have said. Tip of the cap of he can do it. Givwn what other teams cam offer im skeptical.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Who would the Sox give up for Grienke?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cue dewey getting upset over something many noncubs fans have said. Tip of the cap of he can do it. Givwn what other teams cam offer im skeptical.

we couldnt get youkilis either according to some of you. again its not what the team in full ranks in, its what teams are looking for in specific.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd love Greinke as he's pitched in the AL. Just not sure we have enough and he's also a FA after the season.

But, ya never know with Kenny. We just desperately need another starter, period.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
thompsonprunejuice.jpg

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who would the Sox give up for Grienke?

Dunno. just like i didnt know with youk.

FA to be with an anxiety disorder who is getting a breather from the brewers from pitching. he also isnt pitching above his head like demp who a foolish team may bite on because of his career year. the yankees are already backing off due to his anxiety disorder so some of the big ass stage teams like the yanks and dodgers may shy away.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
we couldnt get youkilis either according to some of you. again its not what the team in full ranks in, its what teams are looking for in specific.

what I said about youkilis seems accuratw still. Other teams could outbid the sox for him but didnt. I guess you can hope that his manager runs him out of town and no one want greinle but the odds of that are pretty low. For what it is worth foldstein tweeted earlier that the sox would have to get creative and maybe include major league talent.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dunno. just like i didnt know with youk.

FA to be with an anxiety disorder who is getting a breather from the brewers from pitching. he also isnt pitching above his head like demp who a foolish team may bite on because of his career year. the yankees are already backing off due to his anxiety disorder so some of the big ass stage teams like the yanks and dodgers may shy away.

Even though the Sox are the 2nd team in Chicago, I think he'd still face immense pressure from the media here :dunno:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The White Sox absolutely need to trade for Zack Greinke for the sole reason of getting Mrs. Zack Greinke into town:
securedownload.jpeg

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even though the Sox are the 2nd team in Chicago, I think he'd still face immense pressure from the media here :dunno:

not like if he was on the yanks, boston, or LA.

Even youk made comments about how the media is very quiet on the south side and made the comment that "we are in first and they are in last" but it is a cubs town and im fine with that. all i care about is winning, could care less about hot girls, who has awesome attendance with idiots dancing to "to be the best in the naional league" and bars surrounding wrigley. its all about winning.

JLarucci23

Liked Posts:
I wish. I would absolutely love Greinke in this rotation. Imagine that 4 man rotation in the playoffs with a healthy Danks. Get it done Kenny!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
We gotta look as Danks being done for the season.

For zg I'd do Continuom. And say out lsu cf whose name slips my mind

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you are looking probably at molina, mitchell and jones

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Once again, a bad farm system does not mean that trade possibilities are out of the question.

The Sox have assets that the Brewers might want for Greinke, but in my opinion I don't really want him right now. Hasn't pitched well lately and is missing his next start to "take a breather" which means it's probably got something to do with him being such a headcase.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Once again, a bad farm system does not mean that trade possibilities are out of the question.

The Sox have assets that the Brewers might want for Greinke, but in my opinion I don't really want him right now. Hasn't pitched well lately and is missing his next start to "take a breather" which means it's probably got something to do with him being such a headcase.

i mean if it between him millwood or a guthrie id prefer greinke. hes seen plenty of al teams.

Sent from my Asshole using Tapatalk

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would be surprise if the Sox trade for Greinke. Other teams will may by far better offers and I think there's a chance, he signs an extension with Milwaukee. I saw something they may offer Grienke a contract over 100 million very soon as a last pitche. If he declines, then they will trade him.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
In what Ive tead and heard I think Simon Castro has overtaken Nestor Molina as the best pitching prospect in the Sox system. I dont rule the Sox out of getting Greinke but if the Rangers offer Profar or Olt Im not sure how the Sox top it.

Status
Not open for further replies.