Sox Have Greinke On Their Radar

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
In what Ive tead and heard I think Simon Castro has overtaken Nestor Molina as the best pitching prospect in the Sox system. I dont rule the Sox out of getting Greinke but if the Rangers offer Profar or Olt Im not sure how the Sox top it.

The rangers would be the biggest retards in the league of they offered a prospect like Olt or Profar for a free agent to be with an unstable head. Let's also remember although the Sox farm system isn't good, if I remember right, te Brewers weren't too far ahead of us in those rankings.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never said the Rangers would, but the point remains that teams after Greinke can outbid the Sox. The question is will they.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
a paxil and xanax induced greinke > millwood,guthrie, (some other POS)

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never said the Rangers would, but the point remains that teams after Greinke can outbid the Sox. The question is will they.

well then no offense but that was a terrible example :lol:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
well then no offense but that was a terrible example :lol:

Profar is a real stretch but the point was that there are teams out there are interested in Greinke that can clearly outbid the White Sox. That is why so many pundits basically say the same thing when the White Sox get involved. Kenny is aggressive and isn't afraid to give up a lot, but he doesn't have a lot to work with. As far as what Greinke will actually cost, there are too many variables to know for certain at this point, but Mike Olt isn't out of the question. If teams really refuse to pony up I could also see the Brewers just offering the qualifying offer and net the picks if he turns down their best offer.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Profar is a real stretch but the point was that there are teams out there are interested in Greinke that can clearly outbid the White Sox. That is why so many pundits basically say the same thing when the White Sox get involved. Kenny is aggressive and isn't afraid to give up a lot, but he doesn't have a lot to work with. As far as what Greinke will actually cost, there are too many variables to know for certain at this point, but Mike Olt isn't out of the question. If teams really refuse to pony up I could also see the Brewers just offering the qualifying offer and net the picks if he turns down their best offer.

Oh trust me I know the White Sox don't and will not have the best offer on the table for Grienke. In fact I am the biggest skeptic when it comes to these trades because of our lack of farm system depth. I mean you probably dont remember but I was in fact screaming 'SELL' earlier in the year. But as Dews stating earlier its about filling needs not who can offer me the best player possible.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some team executives are expressing concern over Zack Greinke's health after the Brewers' recent decision to skip his turn in the rotation
This is the type of stuff that helps KW get ahead. As we saw in 2009 he isnt afraid to trade for injured former Cy Young Award Winners, wouldn't be surprised if we see the Sox get ahead in negotiations now that teams are balking
http://twitter.com/DKnobler/status/225380762537562112

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
For my no shit sherlock statement of the week, I think acquiring Grienke makes the whole rotation better top to bottom. Danks as a 4 starter when he comes back. :fap:

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1) If the Rangers give up Profar, they are fucking dumb

2) Sox aren't going to give up Simon Castro

3) The fact that the White Sox like to be quiet about what they do I think that they will go after Greinke. Right now teams are backing off and their offers aren't going to be as high because of the things that I mentioned before. So now the White Sox can get him for less if they want to. I think it's a great scenario for them as long as Greinke doesn't have another great start before he gets traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.