Delin Betances

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Believe it or not... I'm on the not side.

http://riveraveblues.com/2012/07/white-sox-zeroing-in-on-dellin-betances-72171/

Via Josh Norris, the White Sox are “zeroing in” on right-hander Dellin Betances after scouting his last three Double-A starts. No word on if the two sides are actually talking trade or anything like that, however. Betances does fit their style though, they grab big power arms and hope pitching coach Don Cooper can help them out. That part makes sense.

I’m not quite sure what the ChiSox realistically have to offer that can help the Yankees. Chicago’s contending so it’s not like they’re going to send over Matt Thornton or something, that would be ideal. Gordon Beckham would be a sweet change of scenery candidate, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean if you guys were selling, it may make sense. But since you guys are going for it all, ow can a Double A pitcher struggling help you know and who will you trade? I'm not gunna lie, but I'm confuse.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
we are buying not selling therefore we trade prospects, not acquire them

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean if you guys were selling, it may make sense. But since you guys are going for it all, ow can a Double A pitcher struggling help you know and who will you trade? I'm not gunna lie, but I'm confuse.

unless they would be involved in a 3 team deal the scouting is a bit odd. Maybe because we have 99% of our pitchers on the MLB roster and they need a spec down on the farm. there maybe something the sox see in the kid that can be fixed.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I did see something that said the Sox can only acquire him in a 3-team trade. In which would make sense, it's still confusing...

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I did see something that said the Sox can only acquire him in a 3-team trade. In which would make sense, it's still confusing...

I agree. why scout him if you are flipping him? :dunno: