Cubs Rumor Mill: On to the waiver wire

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quick question, when Derrek Lee refused that trade to the Angels and we ended up trading him to ATL, does anyone remember the prospect we were to get from LAA?

Nope, but I'm sure it's Google-able :lol:

I actually don't think that was revealed though. I can't be sure of that but the story went *poof* as soon as he declined the trade.

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
Quick question, when Derrek Lee refused that trade to the Angels and we ended up trading him to ATL, does anyone remember the prospect we were to get from LAA?

Jeff Lorick (currently struggling as a RP in Daytona), Robinson Lopez (struggling at Peoria in a combined SP/RP role), and Ty'Relle Harris (RP prospect that literally got run over by a car in 2010, but has been dominant since his return from rehabbing that... has a real chance at making the big league at some point, maybe September this year).

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeff Lorick (currently struggling as a RP in Daytona), Robinson Lopez (struggling at Peoria in a combined SP/RP role), and Ty'Relle Harris (RP prospect that literally got run over by a car in 2010, but has been dominant since his return from rehabbing that... has a real chance at making the big league at some point, maybe September this year).

And that is probably the kind of junk we are going to get from the Dodgers since everyone knows that Dempster only wants to go there.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:

Those were from ATL, he's asking who we might have gotten from the Angels.

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
Those were from ATL, he's asking who we might have gotten from the Angels.

Durr... ummm.... wow, no clue on that one. I can't find any info on it at all. Was probably a PTBNL, since the reason we got the 3 spects form Atlanta was because we paid almost all of the remainder of Lee's salary.

IlliniLou

Liked Posts:
yea i did some searching and found nothing on who we would have gotten ...

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wandy Rodriguez ---> Pirates (maybe)

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wonder who the one club is. Baltimore did it earlier, but with Thome at DH they would seem to be out. Tampa Bay makes so much sense.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if demp,garza and soriano dont get dealt thats a pretty big fail.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
not saying theo is a fail, just saying as a whole it would be a failure. whether demp caused it or not the big picture is a mess.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
not saying theo is a fail, just saying as a whole it would be a failure. whether demp caused it or not the big picture is a mess.

Yes it would suck if that happened.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
How can teams inquire on Soriano and then nothing happens? I'm sure the Cubs say "we'll pay nearly everything and want a prospect with a small chance of making it in return". Not sure what these teams expect to hear.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
How can teams inquire on Soriano and then nothing happens? I'm sure the Cubs say "we'll pay nearly everything and want a prospect with a small chance of making it in return". Not sure what these teams expect to hear.

I think they expect the Cubs to just send all the money and get nothing in return.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well there is this thing you might have heard of called 10-5 rights...

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well there is this thing you might have heard of called 10-5 rights...

is there any reports of him being picky too? imo it seems he would go to a contender

Sent from my Fischs grocery store using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hell if hes free id take him all day long as our 4th outfielder/ dh and give konerko and dunn days off

Sent from my Fischs grocery store using Tapatalk