Hernandez Sent Back Down, Reliever Veal Up

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't use any other site and sure. But it was just my way of saying that maybe Joe is right, but he doesn't really know enough to be able to say that. He wouldn't know if it was good either. Unless there was a lot of talk about it like there's a lot of talk about the bad farm.

I understand the point you were trying to make, but like arguments about batting average and pitcher won-loss record it is kind of pointless with him.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
because they are all on the MLB squad: Jordan Danks, Chris Sale, Dayan Viciedo, Gordon beckham, Ramirez, morel (when he wasnt hurt), de aza (a bit older), Nate Jones, Santiago, Reed, Quintana.......................what now?

I understand the point you are trying to raise, but really you named two guys that haven't played a non-rehab game in the minor leagues in three or more seasons.

Your team is serviceable, but the farm system isn't good no matter how you want to slice it.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand the point you were trying to make, but like arguments about batting average and pitcher won-loss record it is kind of pointless with him.

This is true. I was trying to help teach our youth.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ahh. Yeah, not a prospect. Just someone the Sox signed so that they might be able to work a miracle with him or something.
Well that and AAA teams need bodies too. Most teams keep guys like Dan Johnson on their AAA roster since they can be cut easily if a real prospect emerges but they don't have to rush anyone either.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well that and AAA teams need bodies too. Most teams keep guys like Dan Johnson on their AAA roster since they can be cut easily if a real prospect emerges but they don't have to rush anyone either.

That too. I tweeted this earlier too, but I feel bad for the Knights. They keep losing all their pitchers because the White Sox need to call someone up.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I just wonder how many of these pitchers would've never made the leap to the Sox this year if it weren't for the rash of pitching injuries

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just wonder how many of these pitchers would've never made the leap to the Sox this year if it weren't for the rash of pitching injuries

Good point. I mean Quintana probably doesnt see big league action let alone get a once in a lifetime oppurtunity to make something out of himself and show that he can pitch. He may not be the best and the same for Axelrod, but it must be something special to them.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said he got exposed at AA. I forget how the Pirates got him, if it was in a trade or they just let him go as a minor league free agent, but he reached AAA with them and then with you guys. Both of which is part of the IL.
They took him in the Rule 5 draft. If Veal's gonna succeed his 4.35 BB/9 needs to come down. I hope he does because I always liked him when he was a Cub, mostly because the Cubs didn't have any good lefties in their pen besides Marshall

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good point. I mean Quintana probably doesnt see big league action let alone get a once in a lifetime oppurtunity to make something out of himself and show that he can pitch. He may not be the best and the same for Axelrod, but it must be something special to them.

Axelrod would've been called up either way after Stewart was traded away.

But other than that, agree about Quintana. Without Danks injury, he doesn't come up for another year or two. The guys in the pen that would actually be on the team no matter what are Santiago, Reed, Jones, and I'm forgetting two of them. But only 5 rookies in the pen would be there if it weren't for injuries.