Hernandez Sent Back Down, Reliever Veal Up

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need to find some stability... KW make a move bro!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well like CSN said, he was going back down even if he pitched well.

Its hard to make a move with all these pitchers out there and teams checking in on all of them (false interest)....and yes that exists in the MLB.

But I do believe best case scenario is grabbing someone before the deadline.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember when Donnie Veal was a promising lefty in the Cubs system. One of those many guys that gets exposed once he hit AA. Looks like he was pitching well in AAA this year so maybe he figured something out at 27.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
well like CSN said, he was going back down even if he pitched well.

Its hard to make a move with all these pitchers out there and teams checking in on all of them (false interest)....and yes that exists in the MLB.

But I do believe best case scenario is grabbing someone before the deadline.
well I meant all the shifting of players. we need to find a one more solid pitcher whether it be in-house or not, this uncertainty is killing me, of course who could've predicted our whole rotation getting injured

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember when Donnie Veal was a promising lefty in the Cubs system. One of those many guys that gets exposed once he hit AA. Looks like he was pitching well in AAA this year so maybe he figured something out at 27.

well he's also not pitching in the PCL anymore so that's also a plus :lol:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
well he's also not pitching in the PCL anymore so that's also a plus :lol:
He never pitched in the PCL. He couldn't make it past the much more pitcher friendly Southern League in the Cubs system. He has only pitched in the International League at the AAA level which as you know isn't nearly as hitter friendly as the PCL.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
oh yea you said he DIDNT make it past AA

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
oh yea you said he DIDNT make it past AA

I said he got exposed at AA. I forget how the Pirates got him, if it was in a trade or they just let him go as a minor league free agent, but he reached AAA with them and then with you guys. Both of which is part of the IL.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
doesnt really matter how shitty he was. he is an arm for now....whether he gets outs :dunno: but its just a BP arm since we are running thin with starters and BP

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry nostaglia overtook me seeing the name Donnie Veal...

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that this game will actually be good for him looking for the future. He got a chance to face big league hitters without a big hit to his confidence.

Now he knows what pitches do and don't work against certain types of Major League hitters. And now he can work on the pitches that might not have worked while in the minors against lesser hitters. He was just the best possible guy for the White Sox and it didn't really matter how he pitched. If he uses this as a learning experience, I think it can be just that.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty funny considering that's what the Sox farm system is.

If you can name 3 players in the farm system that haven't been up on the team this year, I'll let you pass with just saying that it's bad.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty funny considering that's what the Sox farm system is.

because they are all on the MLB squad: Jordan Danks, Chris Sale, Dayan Viciedo, Gordon beckham, Ramirez, morel (when he wasnt hurt), de aza (a bit older), Nate Jones, Santiago, Reed, Quintana.......................what now?

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can I play?

Don't use any other site and sure. But it was just my way of saying that maybe Joe is right, but he doesn't really know enough to be able to say that. He wouldn't know if it was good either. Unless there was a lot of talk about it like there's a lot of talk about the bad farm.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
because they are all on the MLB squad: Jordan Danks, Chris Sale, Dayan Viciedo, Gordon beckham, Ramirez, morel (when he wasnt hurt), de aza (a bit older), Nate Jones, Santiago, Reed, Quintana.......................what now?

And like I tweeted earlier today, the White Sox are known to draft guys that move quicker through the minors compared to other teams. They usually like the guy that gets there quick like Beckham and Sale most recently.

That's one of the reasons that the farm is so bad.