Please dont match it! :pray:

They will though....

Sent via Tapatalk on Droid RAZR MAXX

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Via Twitter

Orriginal offer sheet for Shea Weber was 1yr, but Preds would match. $68 mil in bonus $ in 1st 6 yrs, $27 mil total in less than 1 year.

Weber will receive $14 mil in each of 1st 4 years. $12 mil in next 2 yrs. $6mil in following 4 yrs...then $3mil and $1mil, $1mil,$1mil,$1mil

Hawksfan

Liked Posts:
That would be nice to have him out of the Central division for us Hawks fans!

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Preds basically have to match it. And they're 13.3 mil under the cap floor. got plenty of money and this is actually an ideal situation for the Preds.

Weber wasn't going to agree to a long term offer with them, but he agreed to the long term Philly offer sheet so now the Preds basically get handed the contract they'll give him and he's already agreed to it.

Unfortunately, he won't be out of the division. But man that would make the division really suck.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I dont get why Weber would sign this without reassurance that Nashville WOULD NOT match it. If he knew that Nashville would match it, it would make the most sense if he signed a shorter offer sheet so he could still get out of nashville while he was in his prime...

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont get why Weber would sign this without reassurance that Nashville WOULD NOT match it. If he knew that Nashville would match it, it would make the most sense if he signed a shorter offer sheet so he could still get out of nashville while he was in his prime...

It makes no sense. He had to know that if he signed a long term offer sheet that the Preds would match it and he'd be stuck there. Why not wait and be a UFA next year?

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haha that's gonna be a fun time for Nashville. Shea Weber the Dwight Howard of the NHL?

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Preds basically have to match it. And they're 13.3 mil under the cap floor. got plenty of money and this is actually an ideal situation for the Preds.

Weber wasn't going to agree to a long term offer with them, but he agreed to the long term Philly offer sheet so now the Preds basically get handed the contract they'll give him and he's already agreed to it.

Unfortunately, he won't be out of the division. But man that would make the division really suck.

If nothing changes cap-wise with the new CBA, it'll be fun as hell to watch them try to get to the floor if they choose to take the four 1sts.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If nothing changes cap-wise with the new CBA, it'll be fun as hell to watch them try to get to the floor if they choose to take the four 1sts.

I have no idea who they would sign in order to make up for 13.3 mil.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

That's some hefty compensation but I think I'd take a defenseman you can build an entire team around for 4 1st-rounders.

I'm still in a bit of shock that this actually happened. I figured the steep price would keep other teams away.

If nothing else, this confirms that neither Suter nor Weber will end up in a Detroit sweater anytime soon. That's gotta be the best part of this whole thing. I never would've guessed that a year or two ago.