Ascenio DFA'd, Cubs Trade for Justin Germano

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carrie Muskat is saying that Jairo Ascenio has been DFA'd, and have traded Justin Germano from the BoSox for cash consideration.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Title misleading, don't think Ascensio was traded too them after being DFA'd... though I think I know what you mean.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Two separate moves. Germano is actually in line to start tomorrow if Dempster is traded apparently.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs are now reporting that no Dempster deal is imminient. Coleman is being brought to Chicago in case Germano can't make it to St. Louis in time.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Title misleading, don't think Ascensio was traded too them after being DFA'd... though I think I know what you mean.
Fixed the title to make it not misleading. Cubs are paying his salary, wonder if he's gonna be used as a starter or reliever

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
Fixed the title to make it not misleading. Cubs are paying his salary, wonder if he's gonna be used as a starter or reliever

Word is that he's rotation depth for when Dempster and Garza are traded. kind of interesting that he's being rushed to St. Louis for tomorrow's game... and that Coleman is also on his way to St. Louis for tomorrow's game. It's Dempster's start, but yet they are saying there's not trade imminent.

Something is in the works though.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicitysports.com/2012/07/19/cubs-acquire-justin-germano-dempster-soon-to-be-traded/

Breaking News: Multiple reports have just suggested that Ryan Dempster will not make his start tomorrow and will be traded. Well I guess that’s good, but again not for me since I’m going to the game and I may have to watch a scrub pitch.

The Cubs announced that they have acquired RHP Justin Germano from the Boston Red Sox for cash considerations. In a corresponding move, the Cubs have designated RHP reliever Jairo Asencio for assignment.

The Red Sox designated Germano on July 13th. The 29-year old, only pitched for the Red Sox once this year. The Red Sox signed Germano to a minor-league deal on January 10th. Germano was drafted by the San Diego Padres in the 13th round of the 2000 draft. He was traded to the Cincinatti Reds in 2005 and a fre years later he went back to the Padres. After those years, Germano played ball in Japan and Korea. He eventually came back to the US and joined the Cleveland Indians before signing with the Red Sox.

Jairo Asensio who was DFA by the Cubs, was claimed off waivers by the Cleveland Indians on June 1st. Asensio was drafted by the Atlanta Braves and made his MLB with them in 2009. Asensio has also played with the Cleveland Indians (2012).

Now it seems like a Ryan Dempster trade is close. Germano will head to St. Louis and will start tomorrow’s game IF Ryan Dempster is trade. Also, if he does make it to St Louis in time (which he should be). If he does not make it to the game for some reason, Casey Coleman will take the start tomorrow. He was scratched from his start today and is headed to St Louis too. Member, this is just in case Dempster is traded. Which at this point seems very likely.

Multiple reports have suggested, the Cubs and Dodgers were exchanging names a few times today. Also, more clubs have talked to the Cubs about Dempster today. It seems like the Cubs are selling high and could get a great offer. The Dodgers seem like the favorite and could acquire Dempster at any time now.

Other note: The Kansas City Royals and Pittsburgh Pirates are interested in LHP Paul Maholm. However, Hot Stove Cubbies says the Washington Nationals are pursuing Maholm ‘hard’. Take it for what it’s worth.

Time for the interesting part…!

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
This is sorta funny that two people are heading to St. Louis to make a start that they may not even have to make :lol:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is sorta funny that two people are heading to St. Louis to make a start that they may not even have to make :lol:

Didnt need either of the players cause Demp still around

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
Didnt need either of the players cause Demp still around

Which makes it funnier because they were both rushed to St. Louis to make a start that neither of them actually had to make.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Better safe than sorry, kids.