How good is Anthony Rizzo?

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you have played and umpired? awesome! did you tell the little 9 year old catcher he is going to be a beast like soto someday? please keep sharing your wisdom with us, please.

Sent from my Fischs grocery store using Tapatalk

Yep and that means that I know sooooo much about the game. Glad to see you caught on the sarcasm!

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ditto.

I've played and I umpire. I know the rules of the game a lot better than you do, I guarantee you that. Excuse me for not being fluent in the CBA, I didn't know that was directly related to not knowing baseball.

We aren't talking about experience in the game. If you would read, you would see that. Experience doesn't equal knowledge. That is my point.

so basically by what your saying is, your experience umpiring and playing doesn't equal knowledge...or is it different because you know the rules so well :thinking: I mean your calling yourself out here... :cmonman:

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so basically by what your saying is, your experience umpiring and playing doesn't equal knowledge...or is it different because you know the rules so well :thinking: I mean your calling yourself out here... :cmonman:

Do I need to put the sarcasm in green for you?

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
zingggggg

No, no, enlighten me. How does experience equal knowledge in today's game? People are smarter now and we have records of statistics and can use that as evidence. Playing experience doesn't mean that you're competent enough to be in the FO.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No, no, enlighten me. How does experience equal knowledge in today's game? People are smarter now and we have records of statistics and can use that as evidence. Playing experience doesn't mean that you're competent enough to be in the FO.

still not sure if serious...

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am absolutely serious. How does playing experience = knowledge?

you're making the question way too simplistic....and i did not technically make a claim that experience directly equals knowledge, so calm your tits

first of all, i need context? experience,what? watching games? listening to podcasts and talk radio?

if i dont have the context, we're just playing with semantics

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am absolutely serious. How does playing experience = knowledge?

Sometimes it has to do with not just theory but with practice. If you have the muscle memory and the repetitions you are much more likely to be able to coach, scout, train etc. than someone who's just read a book but hasn't actually done it on a daily basis.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you're making the question way too simplistic....and i did not technically make a claim that experience directly equals knowledge, so calm your tits

first of all, i need context? experience,what? watching games? listening to podcasts and talk radio?

if i dont have the context, we're just playing with semantics

experience playing..... that's why I said playing experience. (you even highlighted it) But we can expand on the question to include watching games. Depending on the radio and podcasts, one could include that. Depends on which podcasts and radio stations. Let's stick to playing experience for now.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
"experience does not equal knowledge" and "experience means nothing in today's game"

to quote mark cuban: "you use vague generalities so no one can question you"

well,except,we can:tiptoe:

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sometimes it has to do with not just theory but with practice. If you have the muscle memory and the repetitions you are much more likely to be able to coach, scout, train etc. than someone who's just read a book but hasn't actually done it on a daily basis.

That's a skill, though. Not knowledge.

well you may be right. you said you umpired and played yet dont know shit about baseball, so i guess experience doesnt mean knowledge.

There you go. But that's a bit of an oxymoron, since I know this... I must know some shit about baseball.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
experience playing..... that's why I said playing experience. (you even highlighted it) But we can expand on the question to include watching games. Depending on the radio and podcasts, one could include that. Depends on which podcasts and radio stations. Let's stick to playing experience for now.

depends on which podcasts and radio station? ok co.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you play extensively then you also know the fundamentals of the game fairly well and you also can better anticipate what your teammates and opponents would do in a given situation. By extension, you can anticipate what players you coach/observe will likely do in similar situations. In short, having more experience is never a bad thing, unless your teachers and coaches were stupid.