Jaeckel: Bowman in way over his head

Hawksfan

Liked Posts:
I couldn't have said it any better!

Great article, John Jaeckel!!!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Ya know, if the Hawks had made half the trades that Jaeckel claimed the Hawks were "in" on, he'd probably write a column praising every mode they'd made.

Even I, a self-proclaimed huge fan of Saad, isn't thrilled about him having to jump into the Top 6 right away. But Saad did put up more points in his last OHL season than the guy that went #1 overall in the NHL draft. So, that's something.

He makes some fair points but there are also parts where it sounds like he's trying to settle some score against the Hawks' organization.

Blackhawks aren't in good shape right now. Got it. Thanks JJ. Now go back to your bullshit sources and ridiculous rumors.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya know, if the Hawks had made half the trades that Jaeckel claimed the Hawks were "in" on, he'd probably write a column praising every mode they'd made.

Even I, a self-proclaimed huge fan of Saad, isn't thrilled about him having to jump into the Top 6 right away. But Saad did put up more points in his last OHL season than the guy that went #1 overall in the NHL draft. So, that's something.

He makes some fair points but there are also parts where it sounds like he's trying to settle some score against the Hawks' organization.

Blackhawks aren't in good shape right now. Got it. Thanks JJ. Now go back to your bullshit sources and ridiculous rumors.

:rolleyes:

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Got halfway through before just quitting because it's so ridiculous. Also, where did this guy learn to write?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Uh oh, does this mean I'm not a good poster anymore?

He goes on and on about the Jack Skille hype, when the hype for Saad far exceeds anything about Skille. I don't know where he's constructing this "Skille hype" from. Probably his always reliable "sources." It's an awful comparison.

Then he starts bringing up names from a GM that was ran out of town nearly a decade ago and really doesn't have any relevance to anything the Hawks are doing now.

Also acting like this is the first time a team has ever hyped up a prospect before. Get a fucking clue, Jaeckel.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uh oh, does this mean I'm not a good poster anymore?

He goes on and on about the Jack Skille hype, when the hype for Saad far exceeds anything about Skille. I don't know where he's constructing this "Skille hype" from. Probably his always reliable "sources." It's an awful comparison.

Then he starts bringing up names from a GM that was ran out of town nearly a decade ago and really doesn't have any relevance to anything the Hawks are doing now.

Also acting like this is the first time a team has ever hyped up a prospect before. Get a fucking clue, Jaeckel.

I just dont think he has a beef with the hawks, i rolled eyes because of that specifically. Its JJ nothing more nothing less. Just saying he is having beef with the hawks is just dumb.

None of need a hockeybuzz guy, or an analyst to say anything negative about the hawks since we can see it with our own eyes. I take what JJ says when it comes to rumors with a grain of salt and thats it.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I just dont think he has a beef with the hawks, i rolled eyes because of that specifically. Its JJ nothing more nothing less. Just saying he is having beef with the hawks is just dumb.

None of need a hockeybuzz guy, or an analyst to say anything negative about the hawks since we can see it with our own eyes. I take what JJ says when it comes to rumors with a grain of salt and thats it.

You didn't get the impression that he was butthurt about something Hawks-related from reading this?

It sounds like a 13-year old girl writing a hateful letter to the guy she "dated" for 2 weeks.

I could be way off. Just my $. 02.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I felt like a lot of what I read at least was just dumb shit.

Saying that the Hawks are making Saad the new "big star" just so that they can cover up not making any moves. And then he says that he heard he slept through prospect camp, which is the exact opposite of what I heard from some reliable people.

Just seemed like he was just spewing shit and trying to come up with anything that would make the Hawks look bad. I'm saying he has a beef with them, but a lot of what he said was bullshit to make himself look smart.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I felt like a lot of what I read at least was just dumb shit.

Saying that the Hawks are making Saad the new "big star" just so that they can cover up not making any moves. And then he says that he heard he slept through prospect camp, which is the exact opposite of what I heard from some reliable people.

Just seemed like he was just spewing shit and trying to come up with anything that would make the Hawks look bad. I'm saying he has a beef with them, but a lot of what he said was bullshit to make himself look smart.

I'd read that Saad looked like he was coasting the first three or four days. Then he turned it on and the end and was the best player not named Teravainen on the ice.

Whatever. If Jaeckel wasn't such a shitty writer he may have had a coherent argument somewhere in this piece. Again, Hawks got issues. We know that. I think everyone in this forum could've been better at articulating those problems better than this joke.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd read that Saad looked like he was coasting the first three or four days. Then he turned it on and the end and was the best player not named Teravainen on the ice.

Whatever. If Jaeckel wasn't such a shitty writer he may have had a coherent argument somewhere in this piece. Again, Hawks got issues. We know that. I think everyone in this forum could've been better at articulating those problems better than this joke.

Yeah. That's what I heard too. So he's not good or doesn't really focus on drills which is the first 3 days of prospect camp. So what? He's good at the thing that counts which is playing in a scrimmage. I'm not a huge Saad fan and I'm skeptical on whether he can be in the top 6 of an NHL team this year, but it's not like he's a huge bust like Skille. Not even a fair comparison.

And as far as his writing, I agree. If he were a better writer, I would have read to the end and wouldn't have had as many problems with it. The way it was structured was just bad and made it an awful read.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You didn't get the impression that he was butthurt about something Hawks-related from reading this?

It sounds like a 13-year old girl writing a hateful letter to the guy she "dated" for 2 weeks.

I could be way off. Just my $. 02.

maybe lack of moves or something. i dont think it was something personal like a job that he applied for and didnt get.

Sent from my Fischs grocery store using Tapatalk

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He likes this roster..lol what a fucking clown.

Yeah yeah I know that's what he suppose to say but he's still a clown.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
[video=youtube;fFRkpvvop3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFRkpvvop3I[/video]

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
So, basically, he's your average Internet poster? Hahahaha

Yep - I was debating on whether to post something along the lines of this - but, well... I guess why bother now. :) .

___

Mind you this isn't in defense of Bowman so much as it is about in the interests of accountability.... Ok, get on Bowman ... whatever, but don't forget to eventually include Quenneville, who seems bent on reliving his coaching glory days with the St Louis Blues... when they weren't that great of a team.

Last edited:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Yep - I was debating on whether to post something along the lines of this - but, well... I guess why bother now. :) .

___

Mind you this isn't in defense of Bowman so much as it is about in the interests of accountability.... Ok, get on Bowman ... whatever, but don't forget to eventually include Quenneville, who seems bent on reliving his coaching glory days with the St Louis Blues... when they weren't that great of a team.

Actually, Q had some pretty good teams in St. Louis. They never missed the playoffs during his tenure. It wasn't like they were sneaking in as a 7 or 8 seed every year, either. They won the President's Trophy in 2000. Never could win in the playoffs, though. Kind of like an older version of the current Vancouver Canucks.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/STL/

Blame Bowman, for sure. But I'll bet good money that it's Q's head first on the chopping block if the Hawks struggle at the start of the year ... not Stan.

Last edited: