Chicago Cubs (38-56) @ Pittsburgh Pirates (54-40) 7/23-25 Series Discussion Thread

How many games do the Cubs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
cubs.jpg
pirates.jpg

Chicago Cubs @ Pittsburgh Pirates

Pittsburgh, PA

Monday July 23, 2012 6:05 PM CT

TV: CSN Chicago Radio: WGN Radio

RHP Jeff Samardzija (6-8, 4.57) vs. LHP Erik Bedard (5-10, 4.55)

Tuesday July 24, 2012 6:05 PM CT

TV: CSN Chicago Radio: WGN Radio

LHP Paul Maholm (8-6, 4.09) vs. RHP James McDonald (10-3, 2.93)

Wednesday July 25, 2012 11:35 AM CT

TV: WGN Radio: WGN

RHP Ryan Dempster (5-4, 2.11) vs. RHP Kevin Correia (7-6, 4.31)​

Last edited:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's okay, nobody's watching anyway :D

DBake

Liked Posts:
The big question is the same as last week. Will Ryan Dempster being making his start? If so will it be his last as a Cub?

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
I bet we get :sweep: again. We suck.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Time to dash the Pirates hopes again by sweeping them just when they think they're good enough to make the playoffs...just like last year....

bwa.ha.ha.ha.ha.ha.ha.haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I say we win 1. :shifty:

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The big question is the same as last week. Will Ryan Dempster being making his start? If so will it be his last as a Cub?

I see no advantage in trading him before the deadline. It's just more time that another team could suffer a major set back. Much smaller chance that that happens to Demp.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see no advantage in trading him before the deadline. It's just more time that another team could suffer a major set back. Much smaller chance that that happens to Demp.

If you're playing the desperation angle then it makes sense, but trading him almost two weeks from now means that's almost two weeks that the other team doesn't get of Dempster production which logically means less prospects coming back to the Cubs. Of course, GMs being human and illogical, that doesn't always apply.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That would still be "before" the deadline.

Semantics.
If you're playing the desperation angle then it makes sense, but trading him almost two weeks from now means that's almost two weeks that the other team doesn't get of Dempster production which logically means less prospects coming back to the Cubs. Of course, GMs being human and illogical, that doesn't always apply.

That's true. I hadn't considered that. I am fairly certain that if Theo doesn't get what he wants, he would hold on to Dempster. No way he would take a 1 year deal at his age. This reminds me of an Aramis situation. He'd rather have 3/30 or 2/20 than 1/12.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. Wrong. Trade him at the deadline. On July 31st.

Yeah that makes sense. wait until the last minute when guys like johnson, sanchez, shields, greinke are there amongst others. great logic CO! you would trying to move garza and demp on the same day. totally makes sense, in your delusional world.

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
Yeah that makes sense. wait until the last minute when guys like johnson, sanchez, shields, greinke are there amongst others. great logic CO! you would trying to move garza and demp on the same day. totally makes sense, in your delusional world.

Shhhh.... there aren't better options on the market that can take away all of Dempster's trade value.... Don't you know, Dempster's going to either bring in 2 front line prospects... or net TWO draft picks when he signs somewhere else? ..... Even though there is no such thing as netting two draft picks for losing a FA anymore.... nor do you get the team's 1st round pick....

If it were up to me, I'd try to move Demp and Garza to the same TEAM.... not just the same day. Move them both and get the highest value all at once. Blockbuster! Though I know it's quite unlikely... but I'd at least try it.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shhhh.... there aren't better options on the market that can take away all of Dempster's trade value.... Don't you know, Dempster's going to either bring in 2 front line prospects... or net TWO draft picks when he signs somewhere else? ..... Even though there is no such thing as netting two draft picks for losing a FA anymore.... nor do you get the team's 1st round pick....

If it were up to me, I'd try to move Demp and Garza to the same TEAM.... not just the same day. Move them both and get the highest value all at once. Blockbuster! Though I know it's quite unlikely... but I'd at least try it.

your last sentence is crazy but would be actually quite a huge huge blockbuster, I mean I guess it could happen. the other team would be really really losing a lot of specs.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Oh right and those guys aren't available now. Why does it matter if you move them on the same day or not? If Theo has the time, then I don't care. It's pretty irrelevant.

Right, because I said 2 front line prospects. ;)

Excuse me for not knowing every facet of the new CBA. I'll just put myself into jail. I won't pass Go. I won't collect $200.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh right and those guys aren't available now. Why does it matter if you move them on the same day or not? If Theo has the time, then I don't care. It's pretty irrelevant.

Right, because I said 2 front line prospects. ;)

Excuse me for not knowing every facet of the new CBA. I'll just put myself into jail. I won't pass Go. I won't collect $200.

your monopoly ref was, well, not funny..and not even a hint of creative sarcasm. you seem to fail at all avenues of posting except looking stupid. i really hope you dont leave again as your moronic posts were entertaining. now be a dove and get poodski back so i can hear how fukudome is better than carlos quentin.

Sent from my Fischs grocery store using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.