Chicago Cubs (38-56) @ Pittsburgh Pirates (54-40) 7/23-25 Series Discussion Thread

How many games do the Cubs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think for the Cubs sake we kind of need him to not suck :lol:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seriously what he can do improve his value or hurt his value in terms of next contract is pretty minimal. I still hold to the fact that we are getting nothing for him unless the Cubs cave on a lowball Dodgers offer.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seriously what he can do improve his value or hurt his value in terms of next contract is pretty minimal. I still hold to the fact that we are getting nothing for him unless the Cubs cave on a lowball Dodgers offer.

You don't think that a compensation pick and the cash associated with it will not benefit the Cubs?

If it makes you feel better, Sveum put together a lineup that was least likely to score enough runs for Dempster to win today :lol:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
You don't think that a compensation pick and the cash associated with it will not benefit the Cubs?

If it makes you feel better, Sveum put together a lineup that was least likely to score enough runs for Dempster to win today :lol:

I've become skeptical of teams willing to give up a pick to give the Cubs that benefit.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've become skeptical of teams willing to give up a pick to give the Cubs that benefit.

Teams used to cough up draft picks for relievers. Jonathan fucking Papelbon cost the Phillies a draft pick just this past offseason. You really don't think teams will give up their draft pick for a still-productive Ryan Dempster? :lol:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Teams used to cough up draft picks for relievers. Jonathan fucking Papelbon cost the Phillies a draft pick just this past offseason. You really don't think teams will give up their draft pick for a still-productive Ryan Dempster? :lol:

Teams were getting a ton of compensation draft picks this past offseason. The number of extra picks will be tiny in this upcoming draft. So let me put this way, how many teams would be willing to give up nearly half of their draft pool for Dempser because that is likely what it would take.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Teams were getting a ton of compensation draft picks this past offseason. The number of extra picks will be tiny in this upcoming draft. So let me put this way, how many teams would be willing to give up nearly half of their draft pool for Dempser because that is likely what it would take.

I guess we'll find out. Someone make next thread :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.