Vitters? Why not already?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
What's the delay in bringing Vitters up to play 3b? His numbers seem good in AAA and I think he'd be an upgrade at 3b. So what's the thoughts on why he hasn't been up already?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
His defense at 3B is pretty bad. This would be like bringing up Castro to develop his D at the major league level like the previous regime did.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
But it worked, no for Castro...or should I say it is working.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sveum and the front office are supposed to be discussing this on the off-day, so we'll see.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think Vitters and Jackson will both be september call-ups. I'm just hoping we can find a taker for Sori +75-80% of his salary before next season starts so Jackson can actually play. A little surprised to see DeJesus and LaHair still on the team. I can't believe the Reds didn't go after DeJesus. He would've fit what they need perfectly.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
But it worked, no for Castro...or should I say it is working.
And what we've been telling you is that Castro is special. I wouldn't count on everyone being able to handle the constant criticism and pressure Castro has felt for his defense for 3 years. It took several years with a special ability at the plate to make Castro work. I don't count on it happening for Vitters who is far less gifted at the plate and in the field. And my standard response to any criticism is like Dews response to any question about pitchers. This FO has developed several impact level position prospects and their focus is on the developing the talent of impact position players. I will trust their judgement.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vitters needs to learn how to take a grounder and Jackson needs to learn how to not strikeout so much, they'll be up later this year

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
It is being discussed tomorrow, but we'll see.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
And what we've been telling you is that Castro is special. I wouldn't count on everyone being able to handle the constant criticism and pressure Castro has felt for his defense for 3 years. It took several years with a special ability at the plate to make Castro work. I don't count on it happening for Vitters who is far less gifted at the plate and in the field. And my standard response to any criticism is like Dews response to any question about pitchers. This FO has developed several impact level position prospects and their focus is on the developing the talent of impact position players. I will trust their judgement.

They have? Who?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have? Who?

Dustin Pedroia, Jacoby Ellsbury, Kevin Youkilis I think all qualify as impact players that were developed under their watch. You can throw in Will Middlebrooks as another possibility since they were in charge until very recently as well. Again these guys have done it before in terms of developing position players.