Locked Out

Will the NHL have a season in 2012-2013?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If one damn game is canceled and I mean even if its only one....anyone who runs out and buys a ticket is a complete moron. I'm tired of these rich fucks arguing how to divie up OUR money. That's what it is, you know. This is not the NFL or MLB with the huge TV dollars involved....this is the money we pay as fans to see their product, get stiffed on shit in their gift store, get gouged with 20-30 parking fees and generally give up the rights of our first born to see a fucking hockey game. Im done with it. I bought into Rocky and Mac's crap with the "we're so sorry, so here's all the games televised" "here's Pat Foley back" "our owner is a man of the people". It sounds like just so much bullshit now. Bettman is a complete joke...the players are over paid stiffs (million dollar 20 goal scorers, are you kidding me?) and of course, the dumb fuck owners who can't control their own spending and expect the league office to do it for them.

IT WILL BE A COLD DAY IN HELL BEFORE THE NHL GETS ONE FUCKING MORE PENNY FROM ME.

Fuck the greedy bastards.....ALL OF THEM.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
If one damn game is canceled and I mean even if its only one....anyone who runs out and buys a ticket is a complete moron. I'm tired of these rich fucks arguing how to divie up OUR money. That's what it is, you know. This is not the NFL or MLB with the huge TV dollars involved....this is the money we pay as fans to see their product, get stiffed on shit in their gift store, get gouged with 20-30 parking fees and generally give up the rights of our first born to see a fucking hockey game. Im done with it. I bought into Rocky and Mac's crap with the "we're so sorry, so here's all the games televised" "here's Pat Foley back" "our owner is a man of the people". It sounds like just so much bullshit now. Bettman is a complete joke...the players are over paid stiffs (million dollar 20 goal scorers, are you kidding me?) and of course, the dumb fuck owners who can't control their own spending and expect the league office to do it for them.

IT WILL BE A COLD DAY IN HELL BEFORE THE NHL GETS ONE FUCKING MORE PENNY FROM ME.

Fuck the greedy bastards.....ALL OF THEM.

I think you are letting your emotions get the best of you and you are failing to see the business side of things. Situations like this happen every single day. Whether it is on a small scale or a larger one like this. Everyone wants what is best for them. Call it greed...but I have no issue with that. Sure the fans are stuck in the middle in many ways but I can't fault people for trying to get what is best for them.

It is a bummer...but you better believe that I'll continue to spend money to watch the game I love.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think you are letting your emotions get the best of you and you are failing to see the business side of things. Situations like this happen every single day. Whether it is on a small scale or a larger one like this. Everyone wants what is best for them. Call it greed...but I have no issue with that. Sure the fans are stuck in the middle in many ways but I can't fault people for trying to get what is best for them.

It is a bummer...but you better believe that I'll continue to spend money to watch the game I love.

You should. Because it's you and many people like you that will be the ones ultimately paying for this greed. That's why a work stoppage or a lock out is such a slap in the face to the fans. This league more than any other needs it's fans to support them. And if you can count on anything, you can count on the fact that when they do get back to playing that it will cost even more to be a ticket buying NHL fan.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not looking good as Brandon Dubinsky signs PTO with Alaska Aces in ECHL

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Why does it still say "Possible"?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
really? thats your complaint? cmon

Sent from my Brett05s Josh Fields rookie card using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You should. Because it's you and many people like you that will be the ones ultimately paying for this greed. That's why a work stoppage or a lock out is such a slap in the face to the fans. This league more than any other needs it's fans to support them. And if you can count on anything, you can count on the fact that when they do get back to playing that it will cost even more to be a ticket buying NHL fan.

well said.

Sent from my Brett05s Josh Fields rookie card using Tapatalk

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
The games up to 10/24 have been canceled per Yahoo's Puck Daddy blog and other sources.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im curious on how long this goes for. Id imagine a holiday start would be the earliest. I wish Bettman would step down already

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
So basically there is no hope for a pre-Winter Classic start at this point, and if it gets past that point it is 2004-2005 all over again?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
pretty much. once the baseball post season is over I will have zero sports.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
pretty much. once the baseball post season is over I will have zero sports.

I'm telling ya man watch some hawkeye basketball. Or I guess they are gonna broadcast KHL games.

This fucking blows.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm telling ya man watch some hawkeye basketball. Or I guess they are gonna broadcast KHL games.

This fucking blows.

Yeah they are broadcasting KHL games. Too bad the time zones dont allow it to be at out leisure.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As of today the NHL and players have no plans to talk. nic3

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As of today the NHL and players have no plans to talk. nic3

You know what? Good. Continue playing grab-ass with one another. Continue to alienate the dwindling number of fans the NHL still has. Ive been a Hawk fan for 50 years and at this point, I dont give a fuck anymore. I hope a lot of Hawk fans feel the same way. Hawk fans have to be more like Sox fans and NOT like Cubs and Bears fans. Don't come running back to the UC just because they decided to how divide up our money. In other words, you fuck with us....you can kiss our collective asses and play in a half empty stadium.

I would LOVE to see about 3,000 fannies in UC seats for the first game back.

THAT would be the only thing these goofs understand.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Was interesting to see the KHL on espn2 this afternoon. Just not the same though.

Status
Not open for further replies.