OT: Colorado Rockies' goofy pitching plan

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am actually a proponent of the 4 man starting staff. I am not sure I would limit it to 75 pitches, but I do think especially with sinkerball pitchers that there is an advantage with going on 3 days rest as opposed to 4 days rest.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Isn't 6-man supposed to be the norm in a few years?

Well, it all started out with 1-man rotations, so... :D

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I am actually a proponent of the 4 man starting staff. I am not sure I would limit it to 75 pitches, but I do think especially with sinkerball pitchers that there is an advantage with going on 3 days rest as opposed to 4 days rest.

I'm a four man guy too. I think pitchers are way babied these days in general.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a four man guy too. I think pitchers are way babied these days in general.
Perhaps but with so few guys able to handle the workload and pitch well I do think caution is needed. There is some evidence to suggest that pitchers can get better movement on their pitches working more frequently, but workloads would have to be very carefully monitored. You would also need a swingman to be able to pop into the rotation for a few starts during long stretches of consecutive games.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hate the six man rotation. I think five is fine. I wouldn't go against four though if you have the right type of players.

If you have a young guy that has already had tommy john or has put a lot of stress on his arm already, you don't want to throw away his future. But in the same way I agree that pitchers are babied right now.