NFL Tipping Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrudderBear

Mr House,Mojave Wasteland
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait is tthis basically pig skin pick em from ESPN? Either way I'm in.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I can offer up a donator account on the site, a forum "award", and probably a Bears T-Shirt or Jersey or something. I'll know what kind of funds I have to work with near the end of it. But I will definitely give something of that nature to this.

Wow you are awesome man. You have done a great job here. It is great to see the difference between the CBMB and here. Had I known, I would have come here ASAP.

EDIT: I am in :)

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
c'mon, pin this so the board can participate

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Me40

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
I'm down. Sounds fun. Great idea! I really think u should make us choose a spread to even the odds and so that we don't have a 50 way tie. Anyone can pick the Pats over theRams...but Pats -15 is a different story and takes some thinking.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sounds fun, count me in

DaytonBear

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one wondering why this is called 'tipping'? never heard of it. I'm in, though. Good idea

stephen

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I the only one wondering why this is called 'tipping'? never heard of it. I'm in, though. Good idea

Probably from my Australian upbringing. Born and raised up near Chicago but moved to Australia when I was 12 years old. Did all my schooling over there before moving back to the US a few years ago. Over there it is called 'Tipping' :p I guess over here it is called 'Pick'em'. I spell some words wrong too ;)

stephen

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And,

For everyone who has expressed interest. Thank you. I will try to get this setup this week. I am working with Rush to organise this and get it started. I will get a "How to Play' thread up, explaining the rules and processes and also a "Sign-up" thread where everyone can sign up and I can get a list of people down.

Thank you for showing interest. I will do the best I can to keep everything up to date and make it easy to get your tips in and keep an accurate record. Good luck to everyone who joins!

Rise

Liked Posts:
I'm in!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Why not run it thru a website? Last year I was the regular season champ. Lost the title on playoff games. Is it going to be run on like yahoo/espn? Will spreads count? Any confidence attached?

Oh and I am in.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Count me in as well! Thanks!

stephen

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why not run it thru a website? Last year I was the regular season champ. Lost the title on playoff games. Is it going to be run on like yahoo/espn? Will spreads count? Any confidence attached?

Oh and I am in.

What does a website offer that can't easily be run through the site? Instead of clicking buttons, all you are going to have to do is list who you think is going to win. Yeah, other people will be able to see your picks and copy you, lol. But, this is something I like to run and keep track of. Plus, by running it through the site, not only will the winner get some kind of prize but a trophy for their awards showcase.

It might be a little harder to get the picks in, having to type them out and showing everyone your picks. But, it is not hard to run and I can make it unique with features that aren't run on other sites. Including a game of the week, chosen by me, or by my dice really, and other things.

This will be a regular season event. Playoffs will only be involved if there is a tie at the end.

ChiFan23

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure what this "tipping" thing is..but if it's anything like cow tipping. I'd like to be in!

Status
Not open for further replies.