NFL Tipping Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is a question, for when I setup the sign-up thread and the How To Play (rules basically).

What name do you have for it here? It has always been Tipping to me, but that is obviously wrong here ;) Is it called Pick'em? Another name?

For all those who have signed up in this thread, when I make the sign-up thread, I will put you in that thread as already joined. So you won't have to sign up again. Thanks for all the interest. Bear with me :p

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really think we should stick to calling it "tipping".

It makes us different and is hilarious. Love that its aussie slang too.

The Lightman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If this is a yahoo pick 'em league, I'm in.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
What does a website offer that can't easily be run through the site? Instead of clicking buttons, all you are going to have to do is list who you think is going to win. Yeah, other people will be able to see your picks and copy you, lol. But, this is something I like to run and keep track of. Plus, by running it through the site, not only will the winner get some kind of prize but a trophy for their awards showcase.

It might be a little harder to get the picks in, having to type them out and showing everyone your picks. But, it is not hard to run and I can make it unique with features that aren't run on other sites. Including a game of the week, chosen by me, or by my dice really, and other things.

This will be a regular season event. Playoffs will only be involved if there is a tie at the end.

The only advantage to doing it manually is you can trick it out some. Other than that, the advantages is to have a site manage it for you. It's easier, more reliable, more accurate, more centralized and did I mention easier for you! :) I'm good either way, just don't want you getting overloaded. You'll find a lot of CCS folks have some of the best intentions but give up pretty easy too. I support you either way and thanks again!

stephen

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only advantage to doing it manually is you can trick it out some. Other than that, the advantages is to have a site manage it for you. It's easier, more reliable, more accurate, more centralized and did I mention easier for you! :) I'm good either way, just don't want you getting overloaded. You'll find a lot of CCS folks have some of the best intentions but give up pretty easy too. I support you either way and thanks again!

It is ok. I won't get overloaded. It is really easy to track in Excel. Plus, I am going to be playing around with a Secondary Scoring system this year. I did it least year, but only had 6 people playing :p I am hoping to get some interesting results with a lot more people playing and maybe tweak it for a different way of playing the game in future seasons.

And yeah, I expect a small portion to give up as the season wears on. I will do my best to remind people to keep getting their picks in, but I am not a babysitter ;) Those that really wanna play will keep in it and go to the end. If there is one thing I have learned in all the years I have done this, is that no matter how far you are behind, it is never over. String a few near-perfect weeks together and you rocket yourself up that leader board.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bump.

So when's the first thread going up for picks?

Old Dirty Curtis

Old Slob
Donator
Liked Posts:
love it! I usually lose these things because no matter who the bears play I cant pick against them.

stephen

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rush is going to set up a sub-forum for this. As soon as we can get that organized, I will get the How to Play and Sign up threads up. Will transfer the names of all the people who have signed up here, over to that thread. Then get the week 1 threads up.

Hoping that this all goes up around the end of the last preseason game.

Reactions: BNB

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm in like Flint

ChiFan23

Liked Posts:
Here is a question, for when I setup the sign-up thread and the How To Play (rules basically).

What name do you have for it here? It has always been Tipping to me, but that is obviously wrong here ;) Is it called Pick'em? Another name?

For all those who have signed up in this thread, when I make the sign-up thread, I will put you in that thread as already joined. So you won't have to sign up again. Thanks for all the interest. Bear with me :p

Stick to "Tipping" Only people on here and in AUS will know wtf we are talking about.

I hope the bears go 17-0. Only way I'm winning!

Status
Not open for further replies.