Let Vitters out of jail!

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
What's the point in platoon him with that bum hitting .200 at 3rd base.

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
Agreed. Valbuena needs to be DFA'd tomorrow.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if serious. Vitters is batting under the Mendoza line himself and Valbuena has produced at a decent clip the past few games. I agree that Vitters should get some more PT because the Cubs need to see what he's got, but Valbuena has been good off the bench as well recently.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I don't understand it either.. He's just gotta play everyday.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it was pretty explicitly stated when he was first brought up that Vitters would only play sparingly to get him situated. B-Ref doesn't do minor league splits but I'm guessing that his platoon splits were pretty dismal which is why he's seen limited playing time. They probably brought him up to mostly work on his defense to make sure that he can actually handle 3B at least as well as Aramis used to.

Liked Posts:
I agree, I wish he would start getting more plate appearances soon. But from what what Len Casper was saying on the radio yesterday that Ian Stewert is most likely to be coming back next year.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
I agree, I wish he would start getting more plate appearances soon. But from what what Len Casper was saying on the radio yesterday that Ian Stewert is most likely to be coming back next year.

That would be news to Ian Stewart. He tweeted a month or so ago that he did not think he would be back next year. He is under Cubs control for a bit still though