Peyton Manning

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Peyton has thrown zero touchdowns and three picks so far this preseason. Is there reason for the donkeys to be worried? Two of the passes were tipped, including the pick M. Wright got. So, is Peyton showing rust or will he recover to take Denver to the playoffs?

Personally I think if Denver can sneak in with Tebow, they'll find a way in with Manning. What's your .02?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it's rust more than anything. When you don't play for a whole year, it's gonna take time. Especially when you come back into a new system playing with new guys.

Making the playoffs though... Idk. They'll have to hope that the AFC West sucks again and maybe they can win it with an 8-8 or 9-7 record. If not, I don't see them in the postseason... Unless of course Manning just completely turns it around and plays lights out.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The West may be pretty competitive this year, quite honestly.

KC gets Charles back and Cassel has looked decent when he's given time in the pocket. Their D can keep them in games if the offense struggles.

If McFadden can stay healthy, Oakland figures to be in contention. If Palmer can resurrect his production from Cincinnati, they'll be competitive.

The Chargers lost V-Jax and Mathews is an injury risk in the backfield, but with Rivers at the helm they'll have a shot.

The Broncos have the D to keep them in games, like KC, and have a more than capable offense now with Peyton. Even if Manning isn't his usual self, he's still a hell of a lot better of an option than Tebow.

I don't think they should be worried in Denver yet. If Manning can't get protection in the pocket or he struggles and McGahee goes down, then there might be some reason or need for concern.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Man, the AFC West is extremely mediocre. hahaha. None of those teams seem like they can win over ten games, but they don't seem bad enough to lose under 6 or 7[ if they stay healthy]. They're all between the 6-10 and 9-7 range imo.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I think the AFC West is becoming the division where Quarterbacks go to die.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Peyton will light up the league with 45 touchdowns, 7 interceptions, and 5200 passing yards. Don't worry.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I heard somewhere today (ESPN maybe?) that Manning is struggling throwing to his right. when he tries, he struggles getting any velocity on a ball thrown further than 10 yards. Dud may not be completely healthy, and may never be again.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best quarterback ever, he'll be a top 5 QB this year, Denver will make it to the AFC Championship Game at bare minimum

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I just know that even though the doctors have said he is at no greater risk than anyone else, I can't watch a broncos game this year. Everytime he gets sacked, I am convinced he'll be carted off the field paralyzed (Sp)

Gerard

2012 European Champions
Liked Posts:
They have the potential to win the super bowl, if they sign MJD I think they'll be unstoppable. It all depends on how paytons playing though..

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Peyton looked sharp today.

bookiepriest

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All his throws have looked high and wobbling. It's not tight like it used to be. He's either still hurt, or real rusty. I have a feeling he will not make it through the year. He got whacked on that one sack last game pretty hard and he was jumpy the rest of the quarter.

He's also sticking to just one guy on drives.... I don't remember that in Indy. Seemed like he spread the ball around more before his injury.

I heard somewhere today (ESPN maybe?) that Manning is struggling throwing to his right. when he tries, he struggles getting any velocity on a ball thrown further than 10 yards. Dud may not be completely healthy, and may never be again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

He's admitted this too. I can't believe he's in a uniform again. I had this surgery done in 2010 and I'm not the same, but I don't have access to world class rehabs either. It's impressive either way though

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
He's admitted this too. I can't believe he's in a uniform again. I had this surgery done in 2010 and I'm not the same, but I don't have access to world class rehabs either. It's impressive either way though

I'm pretty sure drive and motivation have more to do with than "world class rehab." People like to talk about athletes like they are normal people. Even the laziests of professional football players put in more work in a year than most other people do in a lifetime.

Also, he looks fine. I think it was rust. I hope he plays like shit tomorrow night though.