1970 - 1971 Autographed Ball

Old Dirty Curtis

Old Slob
Donator
Liked Posts:
HI ALL, I'm a huge bears fan! My dad was born and raised south side of Chicago. He's always talking about a baseball his grandad got for him when he was young. Apparently it was a signing day at the Field and his Grandad( Who was a white sox fan) pushed through and got him a ball with alot of the teams signatures on it. He said a few months latter it got stolen out of the case out of his room. He remembers two of the names being Joe Pepitone and Ernie Banks. I would assume it had to be the 1970 or 1971 team because of them two being on it. While I have found alot of autographed balls of the 1970 or 71 teams I cant find one with both Ernie Banks and Joe Pepitone. If anyone has some more Info for me or knows where I can get a team ball with those two sigs it would be greatly appreciated. I cant seem to find one and he has no mementos of his grandad from the past and I would love to be able to get him a ball like that. I cant seem to find one on EBAY or any other site so any help would be appreciated. Thanks very much!

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's a tough one. You may have to widen your search to local sports collectibles shops, but that could get tedious.

Old Dirty Curtis

Old Slob
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's a tough one. You may have to widen your search to local sports collectibles shops, but that could get tedious.
yeah I was kinda worried about that cause Ive been searching online for a while and cant find anything.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah I was kinda worried about that cause Ive been searching online for a while and cant find anything.

Usually I think specialty shops carry single-signature autographed items, or whole-team autographed items, but you might get lucky. You could just send out a generic e-mail to each shop, changing the name of the shop each time, and that'll save you the time you might have to spend on the phone.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
thats a pretty good Idea thanks for the heads up! :)

It's a long shot though, I'm guessing most shops would probably have the 1969 team more so than the 1970 or later...but I'm not an expert on this collectible business either.