NFL Tipping - How to Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hello Everyone!

The Tipping Competition is a Pick'em game. Each week you will pick the winners of the game and there are very few rules.

Rule 1 - Get your picks in on time.

Every week the NFL Tipping Week X thread will go up and your picks will be placed before the first game of the week. Because the NFL has changed their schedule to include a Thursday game every week this NFL season, I will be putting up a Thursday thread as well. NFL Thursday Game - Week X. Where you can pick just the thursday game and get the rest of your picks in before game 1 on Sunday.

If you get all your picks in before Thursday, just ignore the Thursday thread. But I know that a lot of people like to wait until the last moment to get their picks in, so there will be 2 threads available. On Thursday Night, at the start of the game, I will write down everyone's pick in my tracking Excel document and it will be locked. So make sure you get your Thursday pick in on time, and then your Sunday picks in on time. There will be no Monday night thread. That game needs to be picked on Sunday too.

Rule 2 - Do not edit your picks.

I will be using timestamps. So do not edit ANY picks after the first game on Sunday has started.

Rule 3 - If you don't get your picks in on time - you get underdogs, not away teams.

This will be based on Vegas lines.

Rule 4 - Game of the week.

Game of the week is worth double points (2 instead of 1). The Game of the Week will be randomly selected and noted Weekly Tipping thread. It is not the actual game of the week, it is chosen by dice, a 20 sided dice.

-----

There are no other rules for this. Just get your picks in on time and have fun. Thursday game is all down to you, if you forget, than you get underdog. On Sunday, 1 hour before kickoff, I will send Private Messages to those who have not gotten their picks in yet, to remind you that the deadline is quickly approaching.

All the results will be tabled and tracked in an Excel document. If you feel I have added up your total wrong, please let me know. I do make mistakes, but I will be tracking these very carefully and will make sure none happen.

Notes
------

Scoring - Scoring is simple. This is a straight up pick the winner game. This will run through the regular season, where the champion will be announced. Playoffs will only come into play in the case of a tie at the end of the regular season.

1 point - Get the winner right.
0 points - Get the winner wrong.
2 points - Get the Game of the Week winner right.

Simple.

Secondary Scoring - This is something I have been playing around with for the last few years. It is not operational yet, but hoping that with more numbers, the results will be more interesting and I can fine tune it a little more. I will only put this up if people are interested. It is just a hobby of mine as I work to find an alternative method for scoring.

Each week the scoring for a game = number of players. So, if 60 people are playing the tipping game, then there are 60 points available to a game. If everyone picks the winner, everyone gets 1 point. If it's a 50/50 game where only 30 pick right, then the 60 is divided between the 30 and everyone gets 2 points. It is points/winners - rounded down to the nearest 0.05 points. It rewards those who pick the upsets, but consistency still wins the day. Like I said, it's under construction, but fun to track.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in thread. Will answer. Am going to get the Sign-up thread up right now. Thanks for reading!

stephen

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Prizes:

Forgot to mention this. There will be prizes for the winner. Right now we aren't sure EXACTLY what the prizes will be. But for a minimum, there will be a prize for the winner, probably something like a shirt or jersey. Plus the winner will get a donators tag and a trophy for their award case. More information for the prizes when we know more :)

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Great rules esp for underdogs and points!
Good job and thanks!:woot:

Gerard

2012 European Champions
Liked Posts:
I love these, thanks for setting it up

Status
Not open for further replies.