Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ah, a typo. I'm allowed one of those every 1000 words or so.

Also, it's likely not just that Quirk dropped F-bombs but the context of what he said that got a reaction from the 3B coach. Hopefully whatever he said wasn't racist or that inflammatory.

I do think Castillo intentionally threw at Harper however.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really can't believe anyone actually watches this team.... This series showcased how bad the cubs are. Who, in their right mind, roots for a AA team?

Umm because we are fans that are with this team through and through.. We don't just show up when times are good.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Umm because we are fans that are with this team through and through.. We don't just show up when times are good.

I could be a total :cubstroll: and say that Cubs fans show up even when the times are good but I'm guessing that would be taken the wrong way by just about everybody :D

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs acted like a little league team which shouldnt be surprise since they playing like one. WSN had every right to swing 3-0 and steal bases in the 5th fucking inning. Its a 7-2 ballgame. Cubs are just 1 swing away from making it a ball game. Cubs have to learn how it is to compete!! Just cause they suck doesnt mean the team they playing dont care. Im sorry but i have lost all respect for anyone part of Cubs orginazation. They are a joke.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK, the 3-0 swing is fine to swng at. But like I said, WAS started all.

^^^^ Then be a WS fan, since the Cubs don't spend, you don't like them. The Cubs have spentand look waht happened. They didn't win and messed up their farm system. I hate to wait, but it will pay off.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
You watch the Cubs because you're a fan. If you don't, don't call yourself a fan.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think you can objectively say that the Nats started it as the first salvo came from Jamie Quirk. It would be nice to say it's all the Nats' fault that this started, but I don't see how that's accurate.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I said Quirk started it, but Porter should never have came to the top of the Cubs dugout. That ignited the 1st brawl and just for that, he should have been ejected.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I said Quirk started it, but Porter should never have came to the top of the Cubs dugout. That ignited the 1st brawl and just for that, he should have been ejected.

The umpires did try to sort it out. Since the 3B umpire was next to the 3B coach and likely heard everything coming out of Quirk's mouth, the fact that Porter wasn't ejected might tell you how bad it was :lol:

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah he swore, he's an adult who gives a shit. But he could have just sayed at 3rd base and yell back in fourth, nothing would have happened then..

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah he swore, he's an adult who gives a shit. But he could have just sayed at 3rd base and yell back in fourth, nothing would have happened then..

I'm sure you've never approached someone because they said a few very choice words to you :lol:

Technically it's true that nothing would have happened if the guy hadn't approached the Cubs' bench, but the fact remains that it was all precipitated from Jamie Quirk not keeping his mouth shut.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK, the 3-0 swing is fine to swng at. But like I said, WAS started all.

^^^^ Then be a WS fan, since the Cubs don't spend, you don't like them. The Cubs have spentand look waht happened. They didn't win and messed up their farm system. I hate to wait, but it will pay off.

I'll just call you Obama. Think the long road will work but don't give shit about short term. Guess 104 yrs not long enough road for you. I have every right to be upset and will be till my team wins. Sorry but I'm not a loser. I like to win
I watch every day still and will cause I'm a die hard but have every right to bitch when I want

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll just call you Obama. Think the long road will work but don't give shit about short term. Guess 104 yrs not long enough road for you. I have every right to be upset and will be till my team wins. Sorry but I'm not a loser. I like to win
I watch every day still and will cause I'm a die hard but have every right to bitch when I want

If winning was the most important thing you would have jumped ship a long time ago. Look I know you and I have been over this one again and again. But it is really straight forward the Cubs didn't have enough to compete without spending more than teams that have gotten to cash in on new TV deals. Given that a year or two of pain is going to be a necessary requirement because previous regimes tried to take shortcuts to getting competitive.

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
Castillo threw at Harper. Look at the replay, Clevenger didn't even try to catch it.