URLACHER: Week 1 – Play him or wait till Week 2 against the Packers

URLACHER: Week 1 - Play him or Rest him or...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

36bear

Liked Posts:
I would say play him week 2. I have all the trust in the D at this point.
If the BEARS play him, I hope they play him lightly.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Make it a poll....but if he says he's ready, play his ass.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
play the first 1/2 or partly thru the third if the score permits....it'll be a good warm up for thursdays game for him/techinically his preseason game...

Last edited:

Chibearsfan

Cutler Chubby
Liked Posts:
I would wait and play him week 2. Should win easily without him week 1. I worry about the 4 days between the games and pushing his knee too soon. This way if he plays week 2, he has extra time to rest the knee before he goes again week 3. We need him for the whole season.

broughtupbears

Liked Posts:
its not taking the game for granted its putting the season first. Further, it is not just the fact that he is coming off injury it is that he is coming off an injury on a long season and will be playing two games in just a few days.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Start him (if he's healthy enough and good with that) and sit him when they're up big.... I'm thinking late 2nd quarter.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
Play him. It's four extra days rest I not. He's either healthy, or he's not, it's that simple.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Id give him limited reps, and if the score got out of control either way, Id pull him and rest him for the GB game

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Play him.......he nrrds to get into game shape ASAP.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He needs to play. If we have the game in control, then sit him. Whether that be the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th quarter. Frankly, it should be taht way the rest of the year. IF we have game in hand, SIT URLACHER. No sense in him being out there if the offense has built a sizable lead and it's more or less over.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would say play him week 2. I have all the trust in the D at this point.
If the BEARS play him, I hope they play him lightly.

Why would a fan that has no information on the state of Urlacher's knee or any contact with his doctors try and make this decision...? I mean what possible info would anyone be basing this off of!?

There is only one correct answer at this point... Urlacher should do what he and the medial staff feel is best.... derp

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If he can play he should play. If he cannot play than he should sit till he is ready to play

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread is just crazy. Just like all the sports media that seem to have fully formed opinions based on almost zero information. Just bizarre that folks feel so compelled to have an opinion even in the complete absence of information.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Coaching staff and Urlacher shouldn't be in a huge rush to get him on the field this week. We should smoke the Colts regardless.

If he's really ready then play him, if he could use an extra week of rest then give it to him.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I cannot stand the sports media, they spew nothing but nonsense at times just to sell papers...Although on the flipside that is there job, but still I do not care what they say.. I just go by whatever Lovie says or the players say.