Briggs: “We deserve to go to a Super Bowl … It’s time”

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I think this team is focused. They know the window is closing, they know that they are getting older, and the want that feeling again of being back in the Superbowl. I remember how it felt watching them celebrate in '06, listening to the score and all the Bears fans celebrating, getting off the plane in Miami. I WANT THAT FEELING AGAIN!

This team knows how important this season is. I get the feeling that they want this bad...

BEARS

Stangboy124

Backing Vocalist
Liked Posts:
Gee Briggs, you DID go to a Superbowl...only problem was you gave Manning eight yards a play, every single time.

I'm hoping that when they make it back, Marinelli will let the D be a little more aggressive and actually provide some pressure.

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
We have a lot of hungry veterens on this team who have accomplished everything but a SuperBowl victory. And then I'd have to imagine that Briggs and Peppers have HoF aspirations on their mind. Superbowl victorys can go a long way into getting a player in the HoF.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Gee Briggs, you DID go to a Superbowl...only problem was you gave Manning eight yards a play, every single time.

I'm hoping that when they make it back, Marinelli will let the D be a little more aggressive and actually provide some pressure.

There was plenty of blame to go around in that game....

FrenchieBully

Liked Posts:
He can look at the guy next to him (Hayden) and blame the loss on him. jk

We can blame the whole team for the less. Except for Thomas Jones. He was great.

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
He can look at the guy next to him (Hayden) and blame the loss on him. jk

We can blame the whole team for the less. Except for Thomas Jones. He was great.

I'll agree with this to an extent but I'll take this further and say that no one was to "blame" for the loss. I mean, has it ever occured to Bears fans that we simply were the inferior team that day? The 2006 Bears are my favorite Bears team ever (I wasn't old enough to appreciate the 80's Bears teams) but realistically, the NFC was horribly weak that year and any team that came out of the NFC was bound to lose to any team that came out of the AFC. The Bears kept the game competitive for three quarters, and realistically, that was more impressive than what most football fans around the world expected. I mean seriously. Our quarterback was Rex fucking Grossman and our historically good defense without Tommie Harris and Mike Brown wasn't even historically good. We lost to a far superior team. Let it go people. That team had no business even making it to a Super Bowl, let alone winning it.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even more than that, "Father of the Year" Lance Briggs deserves a vascetomy . . .

You want a Super Bowl? Be a winner, Briggs, and earn it. Right now, as Mike Ditka once said, "yer mouth's a winner." and that's all . . .

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really hope the rest of the team's attitude is not "The core of our coaching staff has been here a long time. We’ve been together a long time. We deserve to go to a Super Bowl. We all do. The city. People have worked hard for it. It’s time."

The teams that go to the Super Bowl this year will deserve it based on their performance this year. It has nothing to do with the past. If they want to "deserve" it, they need to earn it over the next five months.

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
I really hope the rest of the team's attitude is not "The core of our coaching staff has been here a long time. We’ve been together a long time. We deserve to go to a Super Bowl. We all do. The city. People have worked hard for it. It’s time."

The teams that go to the Super Bowl this year will deserve it based on their performance this year. It has nothing to do with the past. If they want to "deserve" it, they need to earn it over the next five months.

I agree that Briggs's words might have come off a bit wrong, but actions speak louder than words, and his actions on the football field have spoken loudly for nine straight years on the football field.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree that Briggs's words might have come off a bit wrong, but actions speak louder than words, and his actions on the football field have spoken loudly for nine straight years on the football field.

His actions off the field have spoken pretty loudly too, Daa'.

Well, I mean, his sperm has . . .

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
His actions off the field have spoken pretty loudly too, Daa'.

Well, I mean, his sperm has . . .

[video=youtube;DgqzE5M5trM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgqzE5M5trM[/video]

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

But his actions this season are the only ones that will matter this season.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
I'll agree with this to an extent but I'll take this further and say that no one was to "blame" for the loss. I mean, has it ever occured to Bears fans that we simply were the inferior team that day? The 2006 Bears are my favorite Bears team ever (I wasn't old enough to appreciate the 80's Bears teams) but realistically, the NFC was horribly weak that year and any team that came out of the NFC was bound to lose to any team that came out of the AFC. The Bears kept the game competitive for three quarters, and realistically, that was more impressive than what most football fans around the world expected. I mean seriously. Our quarterback was Rex fucking Grossman and our historically good defense without Tommie Harris and Mike Brown wasn't even historically good. We lost to a far superior team. Let it go people. That team had no business even making it to a Super Bowl, let alone winning it.

They went 13-3, were second in the league in scoring and third in scoring defense. They managed to make it to the Super Bowl with an elite defensive tackle and safety lost to injury. I can think of much worse Super Bowl teams.

TUFFTURF

Liked Posts:
They went 13-3, were second in the league in scoring and third in scoring defense. They managed to make it to the Super Bowl with an elite defensive tackle and safety lost to injury. I can think of much worse Super Bowl teams.

:this

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
I'd have to agree. That 2006 team was a lot of fun to watch..and they deserved being in the super bowl. They demolished the saints and their bounties in the nfcc....and were right there(minus a few boneheaded plays) with the colts.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd have to agree. That 2006 team was a lot of fun to watch..and they deserved being in the super bowl. They demolished the saints and their bounties in the nfcc....and were right there(minus a few boneheaded plays) with the colts.
When someone says they "deserve to win" they're really saying "I'm a loser, please pity me."