OT: Trouble in Paradise?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aaron Rodgers: Greg Jennings, Packers could part

By Dan Hanzus

Aaron Rodgers loves throwing to Greg Jennings, but it sure sounds like the Green Bay Packers quarterback believes this season will be his last opportunity to do it.ves this season will be his last opportunity to do it.

"I think you have to be realistic about it and think that it might be (our last year together)," Rodgers said Tuesday on WAUK-AM in Milwaukee. "I have loved my time with Greg; Greg and I are going to be buddies whether he's here or not."

Jennings is in the final season of the four-year, $26.9 million contract he signed in 2009. The Packers will have several key players to take care of after the season, creating the distinct possibility Jennings will be too expensive to keep.

Jennings -- who had 67 catches for 949 yards and nine touchdowns in 13 games last season -- has vowed not to let his contract situation become a distraction.

"I definitely want to be here, but understanding the nature of the business, you never know," Jennings told ESPN Radio. "There is really nothing else I can really say or do. The ball is not in my court at all. I have to play the cards that I'm dealt. Right now it's football. That's my focus."

Jennings is an elite wide receiver, but the Packers would survive if he were to walk in free agency. Such are the perks of life when you have the best quarterback in football.

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @danhanzus.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I forgot that this isn't the CBMB lol

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
Rodgers won't be elite anymore without weapons.

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
images-shirts-full-Jesus-Hates-The-Packers-Go-Bears.jpg

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
God, that would be so awesome.

Panda, I think you have a partial point. Rodgers won't be as good if Jennings isn't there, but he will still be pretty good...

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
Yeah, you could take away all the td's jennings had last year and rodgers still threw for way more td's than cutler has ever thrown in a season.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
Just talking about 1 receiver here who would be considered a smurf by a clown like you. And elite QBs make receivers better.

Only in Fairyland where you and Gordon live.

Driver is getting old as well.

Marshall made Moore and Orton look competent somehow.

lol

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
Yeah, you could take away all the td's jennings had last year and rodgers still threw for way more td's than cutler has ever thrown in a season.

you also have to factor in the attention Jennings gets, which helps the other receivers make plays. I think its a mixture of qbs making receivers receivers making QB s , time in the system . there are alot of factors. Its not that simple.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
sign jennings in 2013

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
QB is only as good as his weapons around him. Cutler made Knox, Roy Williams, and Hester look competent.

So he did make them better then they are, and they were terrible WR's.

Roy is not even in the league anymore.

lol

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only in Fairyland where you and Gordon live.

Driver is getting old as well.

Marshall made Moore and Orton look competent somehow.

lol
Driver hasn't been an integral part of that corp for a couple of years now so no big adjustment required there.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
you also have to factor in the attention Jennings gets, which helps the other receivers make plays. I think its a mixture of qbs making receivers receivers making QB s , time in the system . there are alot of factors. Its not that simple.

At the same time you also would have to assume somebody would make up for some of his plays, so it's a moot point. Clearly you can't even make a reasonable estimate at what his td numbers would be without him, but it's pretty safe to say that with the way that entire offesne was playing last year, they wouldn't have skipped a beat with jennings not being there. Plus Jennings did miss a few games that season, albeit the last 3 which make for a difficult body of work to judge by.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Either they sign him or he goes to another team... It is the reality of the NFL. And the Packers still have Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Randall Cobb, Boykins, and anyone else they draft next year. All of those WRs are solid & better then anything the Bears have after Marshall. And I didn't even mention their TEs.

I do love the obvious envy, though. The title of the thread suggests that Green Bay is paradise & anything to try & knock the MVP down by Bears fans is hilarious! Keep on hating, it just looks like pure jealousy :)