Secrets to getting tickets at a reasonable cost?

bossfan23

Liked Posts:
Is there any secret to getting tickets to a Bears game at Soldier Field at a reasonable price? I can't afford to pay 180 plus for nosebleeds. I would gladly sit up there, but not for that kind of money.

I will be in Chicago this weekend for the Springsteen show at Wrigley Field on Saturday night. Lifelong Bears fan (formerly posted on the CBMB as "IABearsFan23), and I plan on being a regular around here now. I've seen the Bears play twice, both times away (NY in 2010 and STL in 2008). If I could get lucky and find tickets at a decent price for this weekend, since I will be in town already, I could cross off going to a game at SF from my bucket list!

I know with tickets to concerts, there are often "ticket drops" in the day or two prior to the show where extra seats that had been held back for VIPs are released back into the market place. Is there anything like this that happens in the NFL? My other best guess at getting tix was to hope that the morning of the game, prices drop quite a bit on StubHub.

I realize that the home opener is going to make this game more pricey as well. But if anyone has any tips, either here or by PM, I would greatly appreciate it! Go Bears! :D

bossfan23

Liked Posts:
You can get some from JWebb for the price of a t-shirt...

Cost of the shirt... $20?

Cost of wearing the shirt.... no man can say.

I just saw your post about that. No man should have to justify to his wife that he spent 20 dollars on a Webb t-shirt! lol

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Is there any secret to getting tickets to a Bears game at Soldier Field at a reasonable price? I can't afford to pay 180 plus for nosebleeds. I would gladly sit up there, but not for that kind of money.

I will be in Chicago this weekend for the Springsteen show at Wrigley Field on Saturday night. Lifelong Bears fan (formerly posted on the CBMB as "IABearsFan23), and I plan on being a regular around here now. I've seen the Bears play twice, both times away (NY in 2010 and STL in 2008). If I could get lucky and find tickets at a decent price for this weekend, since I will be in town already, I could cross off going to a game at SF from my bucket list!

I know with tickets to concerts, there are often "ticket drops" in the day or two prior to the show where extra seats that had been held back for VIPs are released back into the market place. Is there anything like this that happens in the NFL? My other best guess at getting tix was to hope that the morning of the game, prices drop quite a bit on StubHub.

I realize that the home opener is going to make this game more pricey as well. But if anyone has any tips, either here or by PM, I would greatly appreciate it! Go Bears! :D

Welcome aboard. I'm from Dubuque :shifty:

bossfan23

Liked Posts:
Welcome aboard. I'm from Dubuque :shifty:

Thanks for the welcome my fellow Iowan :) I have a few good friends that live in Dubuque, beautiful city. Will be heading through Saturday morning on my way to Chicago.

bossfan23

Liked Posts:
How safe is buying tickets on Craigslist? I see some tickets on there with prices I'd be willing to pay, its not not off the charts high like stubhub and ticketexchange.

Alpha

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
How safe is buying tickets on Craigslist? I see some tickets on there with prices I'd be willing to pay, its not not off the charts high like stubhub and ticketexchange.
They don't do it by mail or anything, it is all in person, I had no problems buying tickets from people at all yet.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
Only 60,000 seat get in line with the rest of Chicago or pay up the ass on stubhub.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not really. You can't expect to pay less than $150 at the least even for the nosebleeds. Anything less than that and you're probably getting scalped/screwed, or in any way trust the tickets you're being sold. Stick with Stubhub and Ticketmaster. At least Soldier Field has the best sight-lines in the NFL (because it is the smallest stadium in the NFL, lol).

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
You need to pay parking as well if you are taking a car.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I live in Fl and went to the New Orleans game last yr. (Biggest A-hole fans by the way) I called the normal ticket office and got returned visiting player seats at cost. May want to try that in Chicago. Side story: Walking around the stadium my sons talked to a Nat. Guardsman that was there at a booth and was a Bears fan. He gave them an on-field pass that allowed them on the Bears sideline during pregame. My boys loved it.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
You can try going to a Colts game a lot easier to get tickets.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the welcome my fellow Iowan :) I have a few good friends that live in Dubuque, beautiful city. Will be heading through Saturday morning on my way to Chicago.

Another Iowan here - digging the Panther logo on your avatar - Go Panthers!

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Usually the only way to get Bears tickets for face value is through ticket master...

I do know one trick for ticket master, for future reference... first of all, fuck buying em on the internet... in person or on the phone all the way.

The best is to go with the phone.

The trick is to call ticket master at least 10-15 minute before the tickets you want go on sale. Then navigate around in their stupid phone menu for that 10-15 minutes until the tickets are released. Careful not to disconnect. Then, about 1 min to 30 sec before the tickets go on sale, navigate to the sales person... and walla. Buy your tickets.

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
I have a seriuos question, how are stub hub and all of these third party ticket re-sellers allowed to do what they do? I thought scalping was illegal (unless I dont understand what "scalping" truly is)..I went to the Bears Lions game a few years ago when cutler was hit near goal line and windmilled in to the endzone. I was sitting on the 20 yard line in the 10th row...amazing seats. The face was $95 (if I remember correctly) but I paid almost $500 per ticket....The game tix were almost the same price as my hotel and flight combined...How can they legally charge 5x face value? I always thought that was not allowed...obviously I was wrong!

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
One of the big questions brought up by various lawsuits is whether or not Stubhub is guilty of violating various anti-scalping laws. It seems like it would be clear that Stubhub, as the platform provider, is not liable and is protected by Section 230 of the CDA.