J-Webb giving away opening day tickets

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And are relying on 7th round pick at LT who can't decide if he cares.

He's just happy to be there

Last edited:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I hope he does better than us weak souls, you know, because LT is kind of important, and he hasn't shown shit yet, and I can't really take your word for it he'll do better this year just because you say so
Well, I've pointed out 150 things as to why I think the OL will be better this year already. Again, it is his 1st year at LT with a pre season, we now have a WR corps that can take some pressure off him, and Cutler will not be in Martzs system anymore. I'm also willing to give the guy a 3rd year to develop since a lot of late round OL players need this.

I'm not asking you to take my word for it. I'm asking you to take the word of our OC, who happens to be a pretty good OL coach as well, in Tice. I expect Webb to play much better this year! If he shows that he's not going to take the next step this year, or doesn't care as you suggest, I will be ready for a new LT just like you.

I just think all the OL whinging is for not right now.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well, I've pointed out 150 things as to why I think the OL will be better this year already. Again, it is his 1st year at LT with a pre season, we now have a WR corps that can take some pressure off him, and Cutler will not be in Martzs system anymore. I'm also willing to give the guy a 3rd year to develop since a lot of late round OL players need this.

I'm not asking you to take my word for it. I'm asking you to take the word of our OC, who happens to be a pretty good OL coach as well, in Tice. I expect Webb to play much better this year! If he shows that he's not going to take the next step this year, or doesn't care as you suggest, I will be ready for a new LT just like you.

I just think all the OL whinging is for not right now.

we'll find out soon enough

dondraper

I don't understand the hate webb gets. he is a 7th round draft pick it's not his fault they are expecting him to play at a level he might not be capable of

BearsFoRilla

The Prodigy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand the hate webb gets. he is a 7th round draft pick it's not his fault they are expecting him to play at a level he might not be capable of

You're right. But whatever they are paying him, he should not accept it. Maybe he should play for Taco Bell gift cards.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
But Tice said Webb had good hand punch!!!

BearsFoRilla

The Prodigy
Donator
Liked Posts:
But Tice said Webb had good hand punch!!!

Hawaiian_Punch-punchy.jpg

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unfortunately, he's the best we got. He really pissed me off in the 1st preseason game but has looked fine since. That CW looked just as bad the 1st game and clearly worse thereafter gives a bit of perspective but probably more about CW than Webb, LOL. Season is starting and it's time to support them until they fuck up. He'll have 2 good tests in the next 6 days.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It is very nice that JWebb is giving tickets away.

I never thought he was anything but a nice guy. I never objected to him being nice. What I objected to was some of his idiotic tweets and facebook posts. I remember him posting about cooking spagetti one time. That's all well and good but some guy posting about boiling pasta and pouring Ragu on it doesn't fill me with confidence in his pass blocking ability. Asking for Taco coupons is another thing. These tweets flat out make me question his overall intelligence, not whether he is a nice guy or not. He looks like a pretty nice guy.

But I wonder, for all of his physical abilities (and he has them) if part of the reason he is was a 7th round draft pick was because he is too nice of a guy and maybe not of the killer mentality that is needed in an offensive lineman. I just don't see that streak of nasty that you see in a really good O-lineman. Plus he just gives me the impression that he doesn't take his craft seriously. To be honest, that irritates me. He not only has a gift that few men have but he is in the position to excell on a team that could be very good and he acts on facebook like he is trying to coast through the whole thing. I could be wrong, maybe he is just irreverent but the message he sends isn't comforting for fans. Then again, if he keeps people off of Jay I don't care how many Tacos he eats or if he shows the world how he makes pasta.

I'll even buy one of his JWeb Nation shirts if Jay can stay upright this year.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
He's giving away tickets so people will buy his dumb shirts.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It is very nice that JWebb is giving tickets away.

I never thought he was anything but a nice guy. I never objected to him being nice. What I objected to was some of his idiotic tweets and facebook posts. I remember him posting about cooking spagetti one time. That's all well and good but some guy posting about boiling pasta and pouring Ragu on it doesn't fill me with confidence in his pass blocking ability. Asking for Taco coupons is another thing. These tweets flat out make me question his overall intelligence, not whether he is a nice guy or not. He looks like a pretty nice guy.

But I wonder, for all of his physical abilities (and he has them) if part of the reason he is was a 7th round draft pick was because he is too nice of a guy and maybe not of the killer mentality that is needed in an offensive lineman. I just don't see that streak of nasty that you see in a really good O-lineman. Plus he just gives me the impression that he doesn't take his craft seriously. To be honest, that irritates me. He not only has a gift that few men have but he is in the position to excell on a team that could be very good and he acts on facebook like he is trying to coast through the whole thing. I could be wrong, maybe he is just irreverent but the message he sends isn't comforting for fans. Then again, if he keeps people off of Jay I don't care how many Tacos he eats or if he shows the world how he makes pasta.

I'll even buy one of his JWeb Nation shirts if Jay can stay upright this year.

Maybe you should hold off citing webb's generosity until you know where the proceeds of all his contests go.