Post Game Thread: Indianapolis Colts (0-1-0) at Chicago Bears (1-0-0) W41-21

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Deon is terribul!!! I want to stick hot pokers into my ear holes when I hear him talk. You get Deon and Irvin on the same set and the volume and stupidity hits 11.

Alpha

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-netwo...1st-and-Prime-Week-1-top-plays?module=HP11_cp

Cutler and Marshall get some love. Jennings should have been in there.
270716_10151166779624452_1673771690_n.jpg

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The picks are new, but Jennings has always played well against bad teams. The problem is that he gets torched by good teams and can't adjust to WRs who know what they are doing. I agree that he and Tillman are clearly the best CB options for the Bears, but it might be too early to think he's turned the corner.

QFT, but I was still impressed.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t mind Deon, he can actually be entertaining at times.

Irvin on the other hand is a dumbass. Every time Irin talks I have to filter it through the “crack head” translator . Usually I don’t even bother and change the channel instead.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
Jennings learned how to catch footballs in the offseason.

dabearsjjk

Liked Posts:
You talking about offense or defense? I definitely agree with the defensive game plan changing, that is annoying as hell. Anytime we get a lead, all of a sudden there is a huge cushion, and the other teams QB starts looking like Peyton Manning, and they carve us for a ton of yardage.

The defense. Like you said we get pressure, pressure, pressure and then all of a sudden a couple big runs and a a handfull of dink and dunks and there confidents is up.

If it wasnt for a endzone INT and a cutler to jeffery TD this game could have been ugly.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
Tice calls a reasonable game but it can be more creative.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Why does the dude have to scream into the mic all the time?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What did you guys think? Too much passing? Just right?

I think there was a stretch of a lot of passing, but I loved the overall gameplan and really loved the aggressive bomb to Jeffery late in the game to seal it. Great call.

Agree.. and it was almost exactly 50/50 as far as run pass... Also, that the AJ bomb, that sure looked like a Cutler audible to me.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
THe pass/run ratio was almost even. I liked the play calliing, the game plan etc..... I did think that Cutler especially in the first half was too fixed on targeting Marshall.

I have a theory that they were intentionally trying to put it on tape that the Cutler-Marsh connection is back, its legit, and B Marsh is an real threat. Push teams to key in on B Marsh more over the upcoming weeks.

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears
LM: #Bears scored at least 41 points Sunday w/out TD on defense or special teams for first time since 1992.

Interesting fact.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
LMAO....terrible game, we better throw in the towel right now. Nancy, please[/QUOTE

It isn't being a negative to expect the Bears to solve some of the issues they're having in the off season. Did we fix the Wr issue, looks like we did... A+. Did we fix the Defensive End issue? As of right now, playing a bad team we had little pressure from the outside aside from Peppers who was constantly dbl teamed. Idonja didn't put a lot of pressure on the QB, Shea had 1 good pressure, Whooten played well. However, where is the consistant pressure? Freeney looked to be having his way with Webb before he went out, that is so LT is still a questionmark for me anyway.

The Bears beat a bad team with a rookie qb by a score we all should have expected. We will learn a lot more about our Bears on Thursday. Consolation wasn't the right word to use, I'm glad we had an easy game where we could rest Urlacher and some of the others while the Packers had to play for all they were worth in the opener.