Hawks agree to terms with Roszival

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
haha ya a pipe dream i know...but Montreal and Chicago have the correct components to make a trade..We need a 2nd line center & rough playmaking dman..they need young upcoming talent..we have players such as Hjam and Stalberg who are young up comers along with top shelf prospects such as Saad, McNeill, Danault

Since we're stuck with the coaches (and the theory/strategy they will want implemented) we have, I think I'd still rather focus on D and tending than go crazy for a 2nd C. The team scored plenty (albeit primarily at ES).

Kleats

Liked Posts:
Keith, Seabrook, Leddy, Oduya, Hammer, Brookbank, Montador, Roszival. D looks pretty solid, i wont be surprised if 1 or 2 are moved
I'd be happy with 1 - Leddy . He's a wuss going into the corners ( and I don't think he's ever gonna be that good ).

LonghornBob

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be happy with 1 - Leddy . He's a wuss going into the corners ( and I don't think he's ever gonna be that good ).

I have to somewhat agree...

I honestly thought Leddy was gonna be our next Norris winner, but he just doesn't want to mix it up in the corners or get physical with guys who are on the puck UNLESS it's nearly uncontested.

I don't get it.

Kleats

Liked Posts:

I honestly thought Leddy was gonna be our next Norris winner, but he just doesn't want to mix it up in the corners or get physical with guys who are on the puck UNLESS it's nearly uncontested.

I don't get it.
He's just timid . If one person can show me one picture of him with fire in his eyes - it'll be a first . He's the Claudell Washington of the Blackhawks .

( FYI in case that name doesn't register - Claudell Washington was a former rt fielder for the Wt Sox and during the 80 season he left . Not long after a fan in the rt field bleachers held up a sign that said CLAUDELL WASHINGTON SLEPT HERE ) :-]

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

I don't get it.

It just isn't Leddy's game to mix it up or get physical and I don't know why anyone would really expect it out of him. Not everyone is going to play like Seabrook or Pronger...but Leddy brings something else to the table. He improved big time this past year with the puck and the confidence showed by putting up a substantial more amount of points (20 more than he was on pace for last year). He is a very solid skater. Keith won the Norris trophy and he certainly didn't win it by mixing it up. Same goes with Lidstrom who barely ever mixed it up.

On top of all that...he is 21 years old. He still has time to grow and I don't think the Blackhawks did him any favors by relying on him a little too much last year. A 21 year old D-man in the NHL is rare enough. I'm not against trading Leddy, but I am if it is because he isn't "physical" enough or just to trade him. If Leddy goes, it would have to be in a damn good package.

LonghornBob

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand that he's more of a puck moving defenseman than a banger. I'd still like to see him at least scrum for the puck a little in the corners. I've seen too many guys knock him off the puck or keep him from it. It has cost us goals against. It's a problem.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I understand that he's more of a puck moving defenseman than a banger. I'd still like to see him at least scrum for the puck a little in the corners. I've seen too many guys knock him off the puck or keep him from it. It has cost us goals against. It's a problem.

I agree that he is more prone to being pushed off the puck than others...but he is 21 years old and still has time to grow and get his body more prepared for the NHL. His speed also gets him out of a lot of situations where contact would be needed.

Kleats

Liked Posts:
Sometimes he hesitates to use that speed - as in on purpose - so he and the opposing player go into the corner simultaneously ..... so he can avoid having to take a hit . Just watch . It happens all the time . And it costs us numerous possessions and goals .

The guy don't want to hit or take a hit which is kinda a big ( - ) in most fans books .

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Sometimes he hesitates to use that speed - as in on purpose - so he and the opposing player go into the corner simultaneously ..... so he can avoid having to take a hit . Just watch . It happens all the time . And it costs us numerous possessions and goals .

The guy don't want to hit or take a hit which is kinda a big ( - ) in most fans books .

Look at Duncan Keith's game...I think Leddy's is very similar in the way that they don't engage contact necessarily and certainly don't seek it out. Leddy's game is still growing and quite frankly his body probably is as well. Lidstrom credited his longevity to the fact that he doesn't engage in contact on the ice. It really isn't a bad thing as not every player out there is going to have a mean streak or really even need one.

Trading Leddy because of the lack of physicality would be a huge mistake. He has several other things going for him as a 21 year old Dman. Fans not liking him because he doesn't hit doesn't really mean a thing. He brings a lot of other things to the table for fans to like.

Kleats

Liked Posts:
I'm not that concerned w his lack of hitting . If he'd just haul ass back into the corners and get the puck out I wouldn't really have much of a problem with him . Lidstrom always manned up when necessary . If Nick can add that to his game then I'll be happy he's here . But until he does .....