Hawks agree to terms with Roszival

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1 year 2 mil

@ChrisKuc: Per @JoshRimerHockey, Michal Rozsival's one-year deal with #Blackhawks is for $2 million.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
1 year 2 mil

@ChrisKuc: Per @JoshRimerHockey, Michal Rozsival's one-year deal with #Blackhawks is for $2 million.

Pretty good price for Rozsival. I'm a fan of his for what he will bring to the backend and the lower pairing.

Montador or Hjalmarsson absolutely have to be gone now...

I also think the possibility of Leddy being traded is always there as well. Have to figure teams have asked for him. Blackhawks currently have 8 legitimate NHL defenders. Should be interesting.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Also, just for the hell of it, JJ over at HB did post that he is hearing rumors of a big deal with the Blackhawks, about an hour before the Rozsival signing was announced. Claims the rumor he was talking about didn't directly have to do with the Roszival signing. Directly. And JJ and HB. Take it with a grain of salt.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like this move. Good takeaway from a Western conference contender.

Sent from Twins Territory using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Seems like a decent 5-6 guy, but the Hawks have plenty of those right now. Roszival does add some size to the D as well.

Someone has to get traded, though. There are just too many guys on the roster. Hjalmarsson? Montador?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Also, just for the hell of it, JJ over at HB did post that he is hearing rumors of a big deal with the Blackhawks, about an hour before the Rozsival signing was announced. Claims the rumor he was talking about didn't directly have to do with the Roszival signing. Directly. And JJ and HB. Take it with a grain of salt.

I feel like JJ has mentioned the Hawks on the verge of a "big deal" about a dozen different times this offseason. He can fuck off, already.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Not to mention pretty much every year - I doubt it has anything to do with the potential numbers of clicks that the Chicago market could bring... no couldn't be that at all.

ChicagoDawg1991

most likely Hjalmarsson will be gone to make room for Rozsival. Unlike O'Donnell and Montador the guy will stay healthy and make his presence known. Just your typical Grinder at the blue line

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
and the defense is fixed!!!! genius move stanman

Last edited:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think the OP needed to start this thread off with, HOLY FUCK!! ACTUAL HOCKEY NEWS!!

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keith, Seabrook, Leddy, Oduya, Hammer, Brookbank, Montador, Roszival. D looks pretty solid, i wont be surprised if 1 or 2 are moved

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cannot say this is a bad signing; I like it. Good term and keeps the Wangs still on the lookout to fill their D needs.

LonghornBob

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he's an ancient spare part who can't skate with our kids or the puck-moving style of defense we employ, but he will be a physical presence, and it does keep Detroit looking, and I honestly think it's a move to eventually trade Hjalmarsson. I really think he's gonna take the shot-blocking role and play on ST and give us a better chance to move Hammer.

It's sort of a do-nothing move unless they're using it to eventually trade Hammer.

hester247

Liked Posts:
Trade Hjam and Montador, Stalberg, prospect to Montreal for PK Subban & Plekanec please

hester247

Liked Posts:

haha ya a pipe dream i know...but Montreal and Chicago have the correct components to make a trade..We need a 2nd line center & rough playmaking dman..they need young upcoming talent..we have players such as Hjam and Stalberg who are young up comers along with top shelf prospects such as Saad, McNeill, Danault

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully this move will keep Olsen out of the line-up :hawkstroll:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Hopefully this move will keep Olsen out of the line-up :hawkstroll:

Oh we all know there's plenty of other things besides Roszival that will force Olsen to play in the AHL this year. *sigh*