Aaron Rodgers blaming the refs now. SMH

SouthSida773

Liked Posts:
Another day, another complaint about replacement referees. This time it's from the reigning league MVP.

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers talked about the officiating during his weekly radio show on WAUK-AM in Milwaukee and said the refs need to understand the rules.

"It's just frustrating when you're positive that there's either a missed call, or that the rule was not interpreted the way that it's supposed to be interpreted," Rodgers said. "There were multiple instances of that, and when you watch the film back, it's frustrating. That being said, there were just some bizarre calls on both sides."

The most blatant mistake by the black and white stripes during the Packers' 30-22 loss to the San Francisco 49ers actually went in Green Bay's favor. Randall Cobb shook loose for a 75-yard punt return by way of an obvious block in the back by Packers linebacker Terrell Manning.

"There's still disbelief," Rodgers said. "I can't say it's comical, but I don't feel bad because we had some bad ones our way as well. But I'm just surprised that you missed that one."

Since just about everyone with a microphone has taken a shot at the replacement officials, it's unlikely that Rodgers' words will carry much weight. Everyone should probably just get accustomed to a degree of imperfection at this point.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000061357/article/aaron-rodgers-replacement-referees-were-frustrating?module=HP11_headline_stack

smh the packers really think they're unbeatable...its pathetic. What will be the excuse when we march into Lambeau, and drop 40+ on'em???. THE BEARS ARE HUNGRY THIS YEAR. THEY SMELL BLOOD. RODGERS IS SHOOK. Is this an attempt to get a few more calls going his way? we'll see. He'll definitely need it!!

DaBearsrule4ever

Liked Posts:
Yeah, they have to do better... but uhh what about that Cobb return touchdown? An easily hit in the back... that could have been the turning point of the game.

This is the Packers we are talking about here. This is the team that gets away with a lot and NO ONE is supposed to cry about it. However though, IF the refs miss a call that benefits the Packers, oh god forbid.

SouthSida773

Liked Posts:
Did you read the article? He didnt blame the refs. Just wishes they did a better job. I have no issues with what he said and i hate Rodgers.

lol why are you mad? the packers are constantly giving excuses of why they lost.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Goddamn! I really hate that fucking team

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get why announcers and talking heads take so many shots at the new officials... It gives them an easy story for on-air filler and allows them to show that they're not in Goodell's pocket. It's an easy opportunity to "stand up to the man", so to speak.

But when players start blaming their losses on the refs, especially considering that GB got the biggest break of the game... Well... That's just pathetic.

Personally, I prefer the replacement refs... The fact that I know Ed Hocueli's (spelling?) name is kind of annoying. Refs should be nameless, faceless entities that keep the game level.

dabearsfan1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not mad at all. Hate the Puke.

I just hat the way the media twists everything. Just like how so many people think Cutler is trashing the Pukes DB's when that couldnt be further from the truth.

paytonisgod

Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000061357/article/aaron-rodgers-replacement-referees-were-frustrating?module=HP11_headline_stack

smh the packers really think they're unbeatable...its pathetic. What will be the excuse when we march into Lambeau, and drop 40+ on'em???. THE BEARS ARE HUNGRY THIS YEAR. THEY SMELL BLOOD. RODGERS IS SHOOK. Is this an attempt to get a few more calls going his way? we'll see. He'll definitely need it!!
I know we all like to pile on the Pukes but Rodgers did not blame the refs. He is just pointing out what everybody knows; the replacement refs are sub par. He even acknowledges his teams got some calls.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
The referees were pretty awful in that game, but the criticism should have stopped from Rodgers when they were gift wrapped that return touchdown by Cobb after about 50 illegal blocks in the back that were taken away by the officials.

EDIT: Nvm, misleading thread title. Rodgers didn't say anything that insinuated blaming the referees.

upthemiddle

Liked Posts:
Rodgers tried pretty hard in that quote to make it seem unbiased...but we all know that Green Bay lost to the Packers, not the refs. They're 0-2 against themselves the past 2 games.

dabearsfan1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The referees were pretty awful in that game, but the criticism should have stopped from Rodgers when they were gift wrapped that return touchdown by Cobb after about 50 illegal blocks in the back that were taken away by the officials.

That was one of the plays he talked about in the article.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
THE REFS BEAT OURSELVES!

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodgers tried pretty hard in that quote to make it seem unbiased...but we all know that Green Bay lost to the Packers, not the refs. They're 0-2 against themselves the past 2 games.

What does that even mean? They lost to the Niners and Giants.

I hate when people talk about how a team lost to itself... It makes no sense at all.

SouthSida773

Liked Posts:
Not mad at all. Hate the Puke.

I just hat the way the media twists everything. Just like how so many people think Cutler is trashing the Pukes DB's when that couldnt be further from the truth.

Believe it or not, Cutler is a trash talker...Do you remember how him and Phillip Rivers were always trash talking during the game & after it?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He should be thanking them in all reality. They seemed to be trying to help them out towards the end, but it apparently wasn't enough.

SouthSida773

Liked Posts:

lmao i think they might go undefeated this year vs themselves

MacBear

Liked Posts:
This is starting to get pretty pathetic.

I hated the Packers before, but I still respected that team. But they are losing that respect every time they open their mouths now