Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To all Tippers,

Just giving you fair warning that things are going to change up a little next week.

Unfortunately, once again, I have to work during next week's game on Monday Night. Now, I could login and do all the stats and get it posted up on Monday Night like I have the last few weeks, but then I will know the outcome of the game before I can find it and get it. So, instead of that, next week I am going to update the Leaderboard and get the next week's picks up on Sunday Night.

I will be in media/internet/email blackout mode until I can get my hands on the game. Will update the Monday Night Bears game picks after I have seen it. But I will get the next week's picks up on Sunday night, so if it takes me a day or longer, it doesn't cause problems with delays.

But I hate knowing the result of the game before I watch it, takes all the fun out of it. So, for the third time in four games, will be in blackout mode. Almost missed today's game too, but was able to sneak out in time.

Thanks for understanding! Sorry for the trouble.

Stephen

PS - This will happen x times during the season. I think we have a couple Monday games and I work every Monday Night.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is unacceptable. You will have to find new employment.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No worries man. Do your thing. Thx for doing the Pick 'em League. I know it's a lot of work.

stephen

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And thx X-Factor, it is not actually that hard. Excel makes everything easy. Put everything in there, replace names with numbers =sum(x1:x17), easy stuff.

But, as for finding new work. I actually have a pretty good job. Right now I am working with a kid who is gonna be the Bears Left-Tackle in the future. Not sure which college he is going to, he hasn't made up his mind if he wants to go to Alabama or somewhere closer. But kid can pretty much go wherever he wants. 6'6 340, big kid and really good at football. I tell him every time I see him, "Make sure you get drafted by the Bears, we NEED a left-tackle." But alas, he is still at least a few years away from getting drafted ;)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And thx X-Factor, it is not actually that hard. Excel makes everything easy. Put everything in there, replace names with numbers =sum(x1:x17), easy stuff.

But, as for finding new work. I actually have a pretty good job. Right now I am working with a kid who is gonna be the Bears Left-Tackle in the future. Not sure which college he is going to, he hasn't made up his mind if he wants to go to Alabama or somewhere closer. But kid can pretty much go wherever he wants. 6'6 340, big kid and really good at football. I tell him every time I see him, "Make sure you get drafted by the Bears, we NEED a left-tackle." But alas, he is still at least a few years away from getting drafted ;)

Thats awesome you work with talent man. What do you do? train? Thats alot of kid to work with, damn. (sounds like an NFL LG though, by the time we hit 2017, 6'6"370)

And thanks for doing this, I love these leagues and your doing the best job ever.

The other thing to note, is everybody better be picking the bears anyway, so I don't think the standings will exactly be shook up monday.

stephen

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats awesome you work with talent man. What do you do? train? Thats alot of kid to work with, damn. (sounds like an NFL LG though, by the time we hit 2017, 6'6"370)

And thanks for doing this, I love these leagues and your doing the best job ever.

The other thing to note, is everybody better be picking the bears anyway, so I don't think the standings will exactly be shook up monday.

Nah, I am on the other side of it. I am a tutor, so I am helping with the mental side to get them through school and into University. Dude is seriously talented, and huge. He recently went to a, what do you call it, basically a pro-day for a university? Maybe recruitment camp. If I remember, it was Oklahoma, and he walked away with the MVP medallion. So yeah, kid has skills. He wants to go to Alabama I think, so when I find out where he actually goes, will let everyone know. Just gotta get him through the final year of math and highest score we can get on the ACT to improve his chances.

And yeah, if I tried to train him, he would maul me :p I am like 6' 200, lol. So I can't take credit for his skills, just getting him motivated to be the best. And I make sure to give him a subtle hint, every day, go with the Bears. Bears are gonna draft you. Bears. Bears. lol ;)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you think he'll get leaner with age or add muscle and gain weight? Is he still getting taller?

stephen

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you think he'll get leaner with age or add muscle and gain weight? Is he still getting taller?

I think he can get leaner and add muscle. But, his weight can fluctuate. Like his profile online says 365 and he was pissed off saying "Hey, I am 340 now." But they don't update profiles as players lose weight :p

As he gets to the next level and puts more of an emphasis on the conditioning side of things, will be interesting to see which way he goes. I see room to get a little leaner, but if he adds more muscle that is going to balance out. Not sure if he is getting taller. Been working with him for about year and a half now, and he has always been that big, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.