Official Chicago Cubs Gameday Thread

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Post all Cubs gameday talk in this thread.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
cubbies are 5-5 in the first 10 games. They easily could be 8-2 with any 8th inning guy. Cubs should beat Roy Oswalt today with how bad the Astros Offense is.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
cubbies are 5-5 in the first 10 games. They easily could be 8-2 with any 8th inning guy. Cubs should beat Roy Oswalt today with how bad the Astros Offense is.
It's not just the bullpen, it's been a combination of things. Carlos Zambrano has had a slow start, the 3-4-5 guys in the Cubs lineup struggled to hit w/ RISP, Soriano's awful defense and slow start at the plate, and the shaky bullpen. I'm 1000% sure that Samardzija will be sent down when either Caridad or Ted Lilly are activated from the DL.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice play by Fontenot

Jason

Liked Posts:
I'm about to flip on the game, last I saw we were down 2-0.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope Gorzelanny is alright, we can't afford to lose starting pitchers.

Serious Late

Liked Posts:
Well, losing any game to the Astros is downright awful. Soriano flubbed another ball in the outfield, but I was satisfied with his 8th inning rbi double. If he gets it going at the plate, then I can live with his defense. If he can't hit, we are in for a rocky few years coming up...

Overall, very disappointed by the game today. Was really looking for a sweep this weekend.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, losing any game to the Astros is downright awful. Soriano flubbed another ball in the outfield, but I was satisfied with his 8th inning rbi double. If he gets it going at the plate, then I can live with his defense. If he can't hit, we are in for a rocky few years coming up...

Overall, very disappointed by the game today. Was really looking for a sweep this weekend.
I agree
Though the wind blowing in, causing all of the fly balls to be fly outs which really hurt the Cubs when they had chances to score. The Cubs have to win the rubber game tomorrow, but the bullpen and Soriano have to improve.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Samardzija needs to change his name to Sasuckzidja. He can't pitch. He should join the Bears. The whole love affair between him and Cubs fans is because he was a cult legend at Notre Dame and most Cubs fans are Notre Dame fans. I hate Notre Dame, except when they're playing Michigan or USC. On second though, since I hate him so much, he should join the Packers or Vikings so he can get leveled by Urlacher or Briggs

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Samardzija would be a decent pitcher if he had a 3rd pitch, or hell a good 2nd pitch.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 runners on and 2 outs, let's see if they can capitalize.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn, a fly out
I knew Koyie Hill couldn't get it done :(

Last edited:

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
How are the Cubs being shut down by a closer who's best attribute is that he throws hard?

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
We lost the series to the fucking Astros. This is pathetic

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
rough game yesterday. No offense which i dont understand considering they scored 850 runs 2 years ago and they have same core. marmol didnt walk nobody which is good sign. they needed to walk the darn BLUM. a cub killer.