Is this the ultimate Psyche-Out?

reference:
[video=youtube;o4zUHIa2RSc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4zUHIa2RSc[/video]

Last edited:

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Walking Dead episode 1 is free on Xbox right now. Dowloaded it a few hours ago and just finished it. Very good game. I can see why it got as much praise as it did. Gonna have to play the last four episodes before I get a good opinion of it, obviously.

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:
The Walking Dead episode 1 is free on Xbox right now. Dowloaded it a few hours ago and just finished it. Very good game. I can see why it got as much praise as it did. Gonna have to play the last four episodes before I get a good opinion of it, obviously.

To anyone that hasn't bought it, all 5 episodes will still be on sale for $10.00 for about another 3 hours.

1st episode = free
2nd - 5th episode = $2.50 each

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

Told ya it was good :troll:

Seriously, the entire series is great. Story gets better, some incredibly sad parts. It will be worth your money to get the last 4 parts....

Telltale did a incredible job with the Walking Dead. They said they are going to do another 5 part WD series...:D

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Speaking of The Walking Dead, here's the first footage of the FPS that Activision is publishing- The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. I'm gonna be honest, it looks pretty terrible right now. Hopefully this game is a long ways off.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA8_MSWlDj8[/video]

Last edited:

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
That looks like nothing more than a money grab ....Looks like shit

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just finished episode 2. Gotta say, I kinda knew from the start what was about to go down, but the meat locker scene totally threw me off guard.

Doing a background download right now for episode 3 so I can play it sometime tomorrow after the Bears game.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Welp, finished The Walking Dead Game. Still not sure I'd give it GOTY over Journey, but I'm also not sure I'd give it to Journey over this game. Two great games.

Anyways, I got to thinking about Season 2. Here's IGN throwing some ideas around Predicting Season 2 of The Walking Dead Game

And I really wished your decisions really changed the outcome of events instead of it already have a predestined outcome.
Instead you got this:
4S2ki.png

The only thing your decisions did was affect peoples attitudes. It'd be nice if Season 2 took a page out of Heavy Rain's (another "interactive movie" type game) book and introduced many multiple endings and outcomes based on your decisions.

Last edited:

BrudderBear

Mr House,Mojave Wasteland
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Walking Dead kicked ass. Not too concerned about the decision making thing as posted above. I think I was about to cry at the end of Episode 5.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
can someone tell me how metal gear is. I keep hearing from casual gamers its amazing...kinda want to hear it from some of you.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If you're not a graphics snob, just play MGS on playstation.

It's a GOAT-list game, and someone with your game tastes will thoroughly enjoy it. The games that followed were good too, but IMO, not as good.

252px-Metal_Gear_Solid_cover_art.png

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Metal Gear Solid series is my favorite series ever. The director of the series Hideo Kojima sort of molded the main character Solid Snake after Kurt Russell's character from the movie Escape from New York, Snake Plissken.

The gameplay is supposed to be about sneaking and stealth, but you can play guns blazing if you want. The story is the #1 selling point in the series though. They're all about some organization gaining control of a walking tank called Metal Gear that has the ability to fire nukes from its rail gun. Your job in all the games is to stop said terrorists. It's very sciencey though, with a lot of the plot based around cloning, nanomachines to control soldiers emotions and health, weapons of mass destruction. And it's also very political, with a lot focusing on war and what the world is actually controlled by.

The story is very deep and the cutscenes are really long. Start with Metal Gear Solid on the PS1, which you can download from the Playstation Store for like $10. Then pick up the Metal Gear Solid Collection on either 360 or PS3 and play Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 and if you want, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (but that one isn't that essential, and the gameplay isn't anything like the other games). Then pick up Metal Gear Solid 4 and behold one of the most amazing looking games on the system. If I remember right, it has about 8 hours or so of cutscenes. Throw in gameplay and it'll take you about 20 hours or so to finish, that's how long my very first playthrough was.

None of the games have online play though (except Peace Walker, but it's co-op). MGS3 and MGS4 used to have Metal Gear Online, but those didn't last very long.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/07/next-skyrim-dlc-could-be-called-redguard

A Bethesda trademark suggests that Redguard could be the name of the next downloadable content pack for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The trademark in question refers to Redguard as “downloadable computer game software offered via the internet and wireless devices” and was originally filed in March 2011. It was most recently renewed in August 2012 and will be up for renewal once again next month.

Redguard refers to a race of warriors in The Elder Scrolls universe and was previously the title of an Elder Scrolls adventure game back in 1998. When asked about the trademark, Bethesda’s Pete Hines tweeted “Sorry, I don't comment on every rumor that comes up.”

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
When you have LNJ's business model driving your company, you're not going to survive very long.