Donator
Liked Posts:
More unnecessary stuff.

[video=youtube;re1EatGRV0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re1EatGRV0w[/video]

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
To piggy back on Microsofts gimmicks, Sony wants to join the gimmick party too.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrgWH1KUDt4[/video]

Dan0mite

Liked Posts:
To piggy back on Microsofts gimmicks, Sony wants to join the gimmick party too.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrgWH1KUDt4[/video]

I think this is just an ad for the movie rental portion of the PS Store.

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:
The Walking Dead kicked ass. Not too concerned about the decision making thing as posted above. I think I was about to cry at the end of Episode 5.

One of the funniest parts of the game.

[video=youtube;tjrWEoZdsaA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjrWEoZdsaA[/video]

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
PS4 rumored at 1.84 teraflops, Xbox 720 at 1.23 teraflops

Some console comparisons coming out the closer we get to their reveals. Bolded stuff are some important comparisons and other stuff.

If true, these numbers mean PlayStation 4 will have a 50% raw, computational power advantage over Xbox 720.

While PS4 will have greater grunt that 720, however, the Microsoft machine has significantly more RAM at 8Gb, we’ve been told. Our source said that 3Gb is reserved for the OS, apps and security, leaving 4-5Gb for games.

Orbis will have 4Gb of RAM, said our source, of which 1Gb will be reserved for for OS, security and apps, leaving some 3Gb for games.

Both machines will supposedly have have the ability to read 100Gb Blu-ray discs.

Durango is apparently based on the Radeon HD 8770 GPU.

PlayStation 4 has been previously rumoured to be built on AMD’s A10 APU.

It was recently claimed that the two machines are to be announced in late March. It’s widely assumed that both consoles will launch in November this year.

VG247 is under the impression that several media outlets are in possession of documents related to Durango from CES and are currently working on major leak stories.

IamMedellin

Liked Posts:
lmAO at that walking dead clip

I was ROFL at a few moments in Episode 2

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
March will kill my wallet...look at these games being released in march

Tomb raider- March 5th
MLB 13: The Show- March 5th
God of War: Ascension- March 12th
Gears Of War: Judgement- March 19th
Bioshock Infinite- March 26th
Army Of Two: The Devils Cartel- March 26th

Also My Birthday is on the 17th...Smashed in Between the 2 GOW games LOL

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
thanks to those on advice of metal gear games!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
PS4 rumored at 1.84 teraflops, Xbox 720 at 1.23 teraflops

Some console comparisons coming out the closer we get to their reveals. Bolded stuff are some important comparisons and other stuff.

The amount of ram isn't nearly as important, as the accessibility(speed from interrupts to use and process the memory).
You could have one design with nearest neighbor access to the memory, and the other design could be further enough to have a lower accessibility rating in comparison. The Pentium Pro was the first mainstream CPU to apply the transfer speed to smaller, but closer memory banks when it used multi-level cache(just using an example of how and why the accessibility is important, and why capacity is not as important.)

We should learn from the past here. Math power is not going to crown a clear winner. Like the SNES and MD, the Genesis had more math processing power, and lost that battle(but it was a fairly close battle, so owners of either still got a good deal, and really, that is all that matters.)

Last edited:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Yeah, I tried to find any data on the memory/cache coherence for both, because that would be the big give-away of their capabilities. Namely streaming maps with another level of physics and detail.

But still, these specs are very underwhelming. Considering that a console at 2 tFLOPs is the next generation, and average gaming PCs do around 4 tFLOPs...... I don't think I have ever seen such a huge gap in performance, unless the numbers are flat out skewed up.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
THQ sales-

Sega could get Relic Entertainment for $26.6 million
- Relic made games like Warhammer 40,000 and Company of Heroes

Koch Media could get Volition Inc. for $22.3 million and the Metro franchise for $5.8 million
- Volition is responsible for Saints Row
-Koch Media is the parent company of the Dead Island dev. Deep Silver

Crytek offered 500k for the Homefront series

Take Two will purchase the game Evolve for $10.8 million
-Nothing is really known about Evolve, but it's developer, Turtle Rock Studios, made the first Left 4 Dead.

Ubisoft bid $2.5 million for THQ Montreal, and $3.265 million for South Park: The Stick of Truth.
-with the Montreal acquisition, they'll also acquire a developing contract for Patrice Dislets, the creator of the Assassins Creed series. He currently has projects "1666" and "Clearwater" in the makings.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Take-Two (2K Sports) will acquire WWE according to Kotaku.

And rumors that Take-Two also acquired either Vigil (developer of Darksiders) or just the Darksiders series itself.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Robin Sachs, the voice actor for Zaeed Massani from Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3, passed away on February 1st.

He also voice acted in other BioWare games but most notably played Ethan Rayne in Buffy.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
AdamSessler: Now that G4 has officially become a Men's channel, maybe they can afford the set of balls to tell me why i was fired. #GottaLetItOut

Sessler is the best journalist in the business. It's a shame what G4 has become.