The Video Game Expert: Highjump's Thread Of News and Q&A

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
anyone getting halo 4? whats your take highjump?

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just now noticed this thread...woops!

I'm not getting it because I've never liked the series, but after seeing videos and reading things about it there's no doubt in my mind that 343 is going to release a fantastic game. I was originally unsure about how they'd do with it.

I'm more interested in what Bungie is up to these days.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
how many of these threads is HJ fucking gonna get?

:smh:

nka2p.jpg

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah I never got into Halo. Just was curious because the trailer looks sick.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, hopefully I'll get around to start posting more shit in here.

PS4: New devkits shipping now, AMD A10 used as base

So some details about the Orbis devkits have been revealed. Here's what developers have to work with:

AMD A10 APU
Either 8 GB or 16 GB of RAM
256 GB HD (unsure if its an HDD or solid state drive)
Blu Ray
WiFi/Ethernet
HDMI out

Orbis is expected to be announced at an event before E3 next year. Supposed to be "very affordable", too.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Xbox World will use an 8 page feature to talk about everything they know about the Xbox 720, codenamed Durango. Featuring "augmented reality, directional sound, and a four-player, finger-tracking Kinect"

According to the mag's final 'exposé', the next-gen Xbox - which it speculates is likely to be called simply "Xbox" - will introduce Kinect 2.0, use Blu-ray discs and feature directional audio, a TV output AND input, 'innovative controller' and - at a later stage of the console's life - AR glasses.

Current codename 'Durango' dev kits boast a CPU with "four hardware cores, each divided into four logical cores" and an impressive 8GB of RAM, XBW reports.

Along with reports of the controller featuring a WiiU like touchscreen.

So it sounds like it should be codenamed "Gimmick" :rolleyes:

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jumpstarting my video game blog back up that I attempted to start back in May 2011. Gonna start rolling out stuff on there and posting the links in this forum. Opinion stuff, reviews when I can do them, rumors and the like, some top 10 lists.

Right now on my blog all I have are the two articles I wrote last year: an MLB 11: The Show review and my top 10 list of games from 2010. Check it out and stay tuned-->The Illinois Gamer

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
And if by some chance someone outside of this site finds the blog, I linked this forum under the "Forum" tab on the blog. So maybe by some chance a gamer who happens to be a Chicago sports fan clicks the link, they'll come here and hopefully join the community.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Looks good and Good luck.

If you need retro gamer perspectives, you can always hit me up HJ :)

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
So here's the title screen for The Phantom Pain from the VGA's the other night.

the-phantom-pain.png

Notice how there looks like there is an invisible phrase covering some parts of the letters?

NEOGaf suggests that those words are....*drumroll sound*

original.jpg

Also, Moby Dick Studio, the "developers" of the game are currently a non-existent studio. Also the "CEO" of the company is a guy named Joakim...which if you rearrange the letters...Kojima, the MGS mastermind.

Last edited:

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to these latest ESRB ratings, Rockstar is going to be bringing these games to the PSN sometime soon. They had just released San Andreas last week, and Vice City is supposed to be on it's way.

esrbrockstarratings-555x648.png

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
IGN

Journey wins IGN's game of the year award

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking for some good MP on my PS3....I play COD on my xbox so not that, but would like a good MP shooter for PS3...

any suggestions?...The PS Store has Killzone 3 MP for $15, Homefront Ultimate edition for $20, CS Go is on sale for $10.50(though not a huge CS fan)

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure how active the online communities are these days, but Killzone 2 and 3, Resistance 3 and MAG are all fun. One of my friends is always playing MAG when he's online. Battlefield 3 is another choice, but you can get that on Xbox if you wanted to. If FPS or TPS doesn't matter, then Uncharted 3 is really fun.

I have a feeling you'll forget all about shooters once God of War: Ascension comes out in March. That multiplayer is going to be fun.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure how active the online communities are these days, but Killzone 2 and 3, Resistance 3 and MAG are all fun. One of my friends is always playing MAG when he's online. Battlefield 3 is another choice, but you can get that on Xbox if you wanted to. If FPS or TPS doesn't matter, then Uncharted 3 is really fun.

I have a feeling you'll forget all about shooters once God of War: Ascension comes out in March. That multiplayer is going to be fun.

IGN is giving out GOW MP beta keys, but you have to be a prime member, hopefully a public open beta comes soon :D

Also my TV just died....sooooo any new games is now on hold :(