1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
So the Cup team is getting back together and nobody cares?

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
HERE COME THE HAWKS!!!

I can only speak for myself and I don't care. It's a meaningless game for a charity that is run by a company that provides poison for people. The people the charity helps often become indebted for their help and buy more garbage from said company and perpetuates illness. Whatevs.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Re: HERE COME THE HAWKS!!!

I hope it doesn't happen and a deal is reached...

But Jake Dowell? Bah how many games did he play for 09-10?

Sent from Neverwhere using Taptalk

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
the championship hawks team is going to be like the 85 bears team.....fans never let go.

this charity game is stupid.

:rolleyes: It's an exhibition, there is nothing stupid about it being done. And benefiting a charity is so terrible, right.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I got tix today. great seats for $30 and twice as close to me as the UC! Im pumped. Added bonus it supports charity. Just cant believe its not more popular. oh well. still a week left to sell more tix.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I got tix today. great seats for $30 and twice as close to me as the UC! Im pumped. Added bonus it supports charity. Just cant believe its not more popular. oh well. still a week left to sell more tix.

Because supporting charities, giving Chicago fans a way to see some hockey and some of their old favorites, helping the players get up to speed for potential season, and getting some high-end talent from around the league like Suter to put on a show in Chicago is stupid apparently.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If they want to play this game, by all means. I think it's cool, and I hope the coverage is excellent. Reunions like this are rare.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:rolleyes: It's an exhibition, there is nothing stupid about it being done. And benefiting a charity is so terrible, right.

1) See Iagos post

2) Charity=(someone is making a profit)

Do you honestly think that charities are 100% as advertised? if you do you will get a swift kick in the nuts in the real world.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
1) See Iagos post

Do you honestly think that charities are 100% as advertised? if you do you will get a swift kick in the nuts in the real world.

Haha I mean common. Kinda a ridiculous response to what jntg said...bcuz he really needed to be lectured.

Ronald McDonald House is a pretty damn reputable charity. Iago seems to have issues more so with McDonalds and isn't a fan of the charity because of it...the charity isn't about the "poison". At least that was my impression of his post.

This is a fun hockey game for a good cause. Could be doing a whole lot worse.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haha I mean common. Kinda a ridiculous response to what jntg said...bcuz he really needed to be lectured.

Ronald McDonald House is a pretty damn reputable charity. Iago seems to have issues more so with McDonalds and isn't a fan of the charity because of it...the charity isn't about the "poison". At least that was my impression of his post.

This is a fun hockey game for a good cause. Could be doing a whole lot worse.

It doesnt matter the reputation of the charity. A charity like this isnt in its right to be specifically benefiting the charity and the charity only, others have to benefit as well. There is PR for both Mcdonalds and for the hawks as well on a smaller scale hockey, there is also a % of money that goes directly into peoples pockets...along with free advertising or should I say cheaper. I know a thing or two about this topic, not my first rodeo...but you can be naive and think its "a good cause"

Thanks for your concern about JNTG and being lectured. carry on.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
It doesnt matter the reputation of the charity. A charity like this isnt in its right to be specifically benefiting the charity and the charity only, others have to benefit as well. There is PR for both Mcdonalds and for the hawks as well on a smaller scale hockey, there is also a % of money that goes directly into peoples pockets...along with free advertising or should I say cheaper. I know a thing or two about this topic, not my first rodeo...but you can be naive and think its "a good cause"

Thanks for your concern about JNTG and being lectured. carry on.

You act like this money is going to go to terrorism. It is going to a good cause. Just about every reputable charity works like the Ronald McDonald house. In the end there are definitely people that will be helped because of the charity and because of this game. It is a good cause, saying otherwise is just plain dumb. It isn't in it's right? Ha! Why don't you pass the bar and run multiple businesses and then you can talk about charities. Pretty bad ass...

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
the championship hawks team is going to be like the 85 bears team.....fans never let go.

bingo

this charity game is stupid.

I get that with charity most of the money doesn't go to said charity, but come on, and most of the time its a scam. But I wouldn't call it stupid, its better than nothing.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Re: HERE COME THE HAWKS!!!

1) See Iagos post

In the real world.. I think we all know everything you buy is creating a profit.. That's well advertised.

Charity just makes it do at least an UNICEF worth of share of your purchase is going to attempt to aid those in need of support.

The game is stupid because the idea and lockout causing it are lameduck.

Sent from Neverwhere using Taptalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You act like this money is going to go to terrorism. It is going to a good cause. Just about every reputable charity works like the Ronald McDonald house. In the end there are definitely people that will be helped because of the charity and because of this game. It is a good cause, saying otherwise is just plain dumb. It isn't in it's right? Ha! Why don't you pass the bar and run multiple businesses and then you can talk about charities. Pretty bad ass...

:rofl: lol!

If you believe that charities are there for the sole purpose of "helping" and that making a profit isnt an agenda of corps than you my lil buddy are one big flopping pile of idiot.

make sure to click the red exclamation mark and click report, than say that "you are here to talk about hockey"......tool.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
:rofl: lol!

If you believe that charities are there for the sole purpose of "helping" and that making a profit isnt an agenda of corps than you my lil buddy are one big flopping pile of idiot.

make sure to click the red exclamation mark and click report, than say that "you are here to talk about hockey"......tool.

haha no shit that they need to make a profit. They need to pay a board of directors. They need to pay the employees. They obviously have people who volunteer and help out as well. No one has said differently. Everyone knows how charities work. Everyone knows what "proceeds" means.

In the end, this is a charity that helps out with a good cause. When you donate, you are helping that cause. You are helping build facilities and provide meals to families who have ill children. It helps a good cause.

As I said earlier, "Just about every reputable charity works like the Ronald McDonald house. In the end there are definitely people that will be helped because of the charity and because of this game." So please explain how this statement is wrong...you argue just to argue. You use the word "sole purpose" and no one has ever said that...you make up arguments in your head that aren't even there.

Mid 30s...what a loser.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
haha no shit that they need to make a profit. They need to pay a board of directors. They need to pay the employees. They obviously have people who volunteer and help out as well. No one has said differently. Everyone knows how charities work. Everyone knows what "proceeds" means.

In the end, this is a charity that helps out with a good cause. When you donate, you are helping that cause. You are helping build facilities and provide meals to families who have ill children. It helps a good cause.

As I said earlier, "Just about every reputable charity works like the Ronald McDonald house. In the end there are definitely people that will be helped because of the charity and because of this game." So please explain how this statement is wrong...you argue just to argue. You use the word "sole purpose" and no one has ever said that...you make up arguments in your head that aren't even there.

Mid 30s...what a loser.

Very very cool and interesting story that you tell. I wish I was at a campfire listening to you ramble on about more topics you have no clue about. It would be a delightful night getting your insight onto how everything works.

Again, its not about paying people for the work, percentages of proceeds go into the pockets....as PROFIT, also money comes back from major tax breaks....but since you are this 21 year old know it all im sure you knew that already.

Please go on, I want to know how this story ends.