Official: Offseason Around MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Also assuming that Nick Swisher will want way more money than he's worth.

I think the ALCS may have lowered his price tag a little :lol:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some talk about Lohse getting a deal on the level of CJ Wilson, and given the lack of pitching after Greinke and CBA I am not certain I doubt it.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder which team will want to be financially crippled when Lohse returns to Earth :troll:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Depending on how you think about WAR and the like, here's an interesting opinion from Mark Shapiro about free agent value from Tango's blog:

http://www.insidethebook.com/ee/ind..._shapiro_one_win_in_free_agency_is_9_million/

$9MM per win on the open market. That's pretty ridiculous. Partly it may be due to inflation and partly because a lot of the teams are signing and keeping their own products long-term so the guys available to the general market are bottlenecked such that a guy like Greinke is going to get more than he probably deserves.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
The free agent news and stuff will pour in once the World Series is over, it won't just be all-Chicago or all-Cubs/all-Sox. If you have thoughts of Chicago-specific free agents, please use the respective team forums. Thankee!

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hamilton to milwaukee would be perfect for him. low key city and he will flat out mash in the NL. with him and braun in the same lineup....yikes.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Aramis Ramirez's contract backload starts kicking in but with Greinke and possibly Marcum and Francisco Rodriguez off the books they might be able to swing it.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Tigers end up losing the World Series I can see their owner going ape-shit and signing Sanchez for that much because he literally has nothing left to lose.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i agree. like what they said...they could go get rafael soriano and spend an assload of dough for a closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.