More Games Cancelled

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:rofl: you have to be capt serious....you just have to be.

yes I get very wet when I get a chance to take a shot at you, very very very wet.

Woah, don't put me in the same breath as HawkPoster.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe this is the time. The economy is bad. People for the most part don't have as much money to blow on entertainment as they used to. Maybe, just maybe this is the time that sports fans say..."ENOUGH". Go fuck yourselves, you greedy bastards.....Im not going to your games.

The unfortunate thing, and I think all of us know this, is that whenever they're done locking out and squabbling over their millions of dollars, people will still go to the games and the hit on attendance will likely be negligible. It's just the way it is.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The unfortunate thing, and I think all of us know this, is that whenever they're done locking out and squabbling over their millions of dollars, people will still go to the games and the hit on attendance will likely be negligible. It's just the way it is.

slower process in hockey and with the economy being the way it is it will be even slower. this is a league that sucks to begin with. The NBA can afford to have these things happen as the NBA brand is pretty damn solid and stable. The NHL is not. The majority of fans realize the unstability of the league, the diehards from years past are the ones they will lose.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

In terms of the Blackhawks, after the last lockout I believe their average attendance improved. Not by much but by a little and that is when they were terrible and everyone in Chicago didn't care about them. So I'd have to agree with you that attendance won't really be an issue overall.

In terms of how the NHL did overall, I'm not too sure on that.

EDIT: http://www.canadianbusiness.com/blog/business_briefings/97168--gary-bettman-is-right-about-nhl-fans

Found an article that goes into the attendance before and after the last lockout...the attendance actually improved after the last lockout.