The Sox Stove Is Broken: Offseason Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
wow! keith law is a fucking moron. he states in his insider that in hypothetical terms a deal for chris sale straight up for ellsbury the white sox would say no but goes on to say that a deal with chris sale straight up for J. Upton the sox would contemplate. I can never take anything serious from this asswipe yet people (other side of town) still worship him because of a few praises to their prospects.

keith law is an idiot.

certain fans are sheep.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
wow! keith law is a fucking moron. he states in his insider that in hypothetical terms a deal for chris sale straight up for ellsbury the white sox would say no but goes on to say that a deal with chris sale straight up for J. Upton the sox would contemplate. I can never take anything serious from this asswipe yet people (other side of town) still worship him because of a few praises to their prospects.

keith law is an idiot.

certain fans are sheep.

That sounds like a really bad trade either way. A guy who has Cy Young potential and can eat 200+ innings if you bring him along properly should net you more than Ellsbury or Justin Upton straight up. What exactly did he say, in context?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That sounds like a really bad trade either way. A guy who has Cy Young potential and can eat 200+ innings if you bring him along properly should net you more than Ellsbury or Justin Upton straight up. What exactly did he say, in context?

that was pretty much it...it was his hypotheticals on deals and what he thought. I found myself feeling stupider after reading it. unless the sox know something the fans dont, than you move him....kinda like sirotka and maccarthy.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see why you wouldn't want to get more if you were serious about moving Sale. He's cost controlled (not even arb-eligible next year if I did my math right) and he's got crazy good stuff. You don't trade that for aging or under-performing outfielders.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only thing I can think of is that Law believes there's something with Sale that is unsustainable or could lead to poor performance/health long term and therefore it's to the White Sox's benefit to move him. I have no idea what that is and if it's as simple as writing "I'd like to see this trade" then that Insider piece is particularly stupid. Maybe you could try Tweeting him to figure out WTF he's talking about.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
That would be really, really, fucking stupid.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
•Mike Puma of The New York Post reports that Matt Harvey and Zack Wheeler are the team's only untouchables in trade talks. GM Sandy Alderson is expected to explore trades more than free agents this winter, and they have "some interest" in White Sox catcher Tyler Flowers.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#IxECLg7Eu1gwySXs.99

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
@keithlaw: Good fourth OF. Like him a lot "@JimNeedsCoffee: @keithlaw White Sox just got Blake Tekotte. Org guy?"

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:

keith law is an idiot.

certain fans are sheep.
did not see this post before I posted that last post... :lol: sorry Dews

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
We finally have an ace so now trade him? NO! Package Viciedo and Floyd and someone else for Ellsbury

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Its That Time: White Sox Hot Stove Discussion

So what are the odds the white sox shock the world and get David Wright?

Sent from MR Phone

MRubio52

Liked Posts:

We finally have an ace so now trade him? NO! Package Viciedo and Floyd and someone else for Ellsbury

I don't think the BoSox take that deal.

Sent from MR Phone

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:

Isn't Evan Longoria available soon?? Can we trade for him?

I feel like the Rays would be half Special person to move his team friendly contract

Sent from Twins Territory using Tapatalk

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, if Youk doesn't come back then Hahn & Co need to work some magic.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good point on Tank. I just wonder if they wanna move him back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.