Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ditka was and is an asshat. The 86 playoff game loss to the Redskins was a team effort.

I was feeling pretty bad after that game, then the wife hears me laughing my ass off, she thought I snapped. I was just watching this. Some interesting "ideas" on QB.

[video=youtube;8clmLk_SeOA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8clmLk_SeOA[/video]

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
People forget (I guess) how terrible Steve Fuller was. He was kinda like Drew Henson...a big, fast guy who couldn't throw a football. The 1986 Bears went 0-2 with Fuller at QB, so Dent's claim "we won with Fuller" is wrong. Tomczak was better than Fuller because he at least had some concept about how to play QB, but he wasn't very good, either, and 1986 was the first time he'd ever gotten any significant playing time. At that point in their careers, Flutie had actually started way more games than Tomczak because Flutie had two years of USFL experience

People also forget that when Flutie started at the end of the 1986 regular season, he looked way better than either Fuller or Tomczak. I guess you can question Ditka's decision to play Flutie over Tomczak (who started more games in 1986 than Flutie) or Fuller (who won a playoff game in 1984 with the Bears), but its not like Tomczak was "more experienced" than Flutie, or that Fuller was "better" than Flutie. All of Ditka's options had drawbacks.

That said, it probably wouldn't have mattered who played QB for the Bears in 1986 against the Redskins, because even with a healthy McMahon the Bears once again lost to the Redskins at home in the playoffs in 1987.

Great posts.

Thanks for saving me the time.

Dent's memory is off but I think that entire defense had an axe to grind against Ditka when Ryan left.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Bears would have won at least 4 Super Bowls had they drafted Dan Marino in 1983.

They would have been better off drafting Montana in 79 who actually won 4 Super Bowls instead of that loser.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Or Brady later.:dunno:

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Ditka was and is an asshat. The 86 playoff game loss to the Redskins was a team effort.

I was feeling pretty bad after that game, then the wife hears me laughing my ass off, she thought I snapped. I was just watching this. Some interesting "ideas" on QB.

[video=youtube;8clmLk_SeOA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8clmLk_SeOA[/video]
The first minute of that video is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. The meatball fans are just as bad as many of the morons here

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Lots of staches in that vid

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
The first minute of that video is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. The meatball fans are just as bad as many of the morons here
haha that clip is funny as hell....but was the reporter wearing a Redskins hat?? If so, he asked for it!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I gotta be honest, I don't remember a Ditka coached Bears team, and I feel pretty good about it. I'm sure '85 was great, but why do we care so much?