The texan game might not be as competitive as it looks.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Message to Tice: 3-Step drops and short passing game out of the gate! Don't get our QB killed! If we run the ball well and stick with short routes we'll be fine and deeper routes will be by late Q3 when we have a comfortable lead and want to pour it on.

BrudderBear

Mr House,Mojave Wasteland
Donator
Liked Posts:
Message to Tice: 3-Step drops and short passing game out of the gate! Don't get our QB killed! If we run the ball well and stick with short routes we'll be fine and deeper routes will be by late Q3 when we have a comfortable lead and want to pour it on.

I dont get why he doesnt do this and bootlegs more. I mean good lord. Marshall is so good off slants and short routes.. Tice is so stupid.

danyem1

Liked Posts:
More screens, id like to see 4-5 called even if 1 or 2 is sniffed out.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
I dont know about screens, as I feel they've only been successful a handful of times. But the premise of quick passes is right on. I liked the amount of curl routes that Alshon was running before the hand injury. I would like to see more of that, maybe with Earl the squirrel. Curls and hitches make texans our bitches...curls and hitches make texans our bitches.

ridemywheelie

Liked Posts:
Do the Bears call too much max-protect? I think Tice is going to the other extreme after Martz.

TheGapman

Liked Posts:
It all seems so easy til they play the game. Texans defense is just as capable of doing to the Bears offense what the Packers did.

I don't think so. The Bears offense is better now than the Packers game and in any event the Bears offense stopped the Bears, not the Packers defense. The Bears beat the Bears in the first game with Charles Woodson. The first Packers game was an example of bad Cutler, if Cutler does not hold onto the ball so long in this game, the offense can make short passes, run the ball and roll out the quarterback to minimize the Texans blitz. I believe the offense is about to explode starting against the Texans. It has taken a little time, but the effective if not explosive offense is coming around.
Forte 100 yards, Marshall 100 yards receiving,etc...
Of course I also believe Alshon Jeffreys will play this week, last minute announcement by the Bears.

Spartan

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think so. The Bears offense is better now than the Packers game and in any event the Bears offense stopped the Bears, not the Packers defense. The Bears beat the Bears in the first game with Charles Woodson. The first Packers game was an example of bad Cutler, if Cutler does not hold onto the ball so long in this game, the offense can make short passes, run the ball and roll out the quarterback to minimize the Texans blitz. I believe the offense is about to explode starting against the Texans. It has taken a little time, but the effective if not explosive offense is coming around.
Of course I also believe Alshon Jeffreys will play this week, last minute announcement by the Bears.
The Bears offense is better since when? 14 sacks over the last 3 games against second rate teams and you see no cause for concern facing 1 of the best defenses w/JJ Watt? The offense has done little or nothing til their opponents have been beaten down.

NastyNate

Liked Posts:

Your offense has struggled against the bottom half of the league, now facing the #3 overall defense, and the #2 rushing defense in the league it somehow just clicks? I tried to come on this board for rational football discussion with Bears fans but so far I've been stumbling on mind blowing proclamations like this all week. We're not Tennessee, or Jax, or the clots, or any other crap team in the AFC/AFC South, we are the 7-1 Texans, same record as your bears. If you think this game is going to be a cake walk you're sadly mistaken.

If anything the bears match up terribly with Houston. Your biggest weapon is the run, which we shut down admirably these days. So that forces the ball into Cutler's hands. We take away almost everything middle-deep and rush 6, Cutler's achilles heel. He'll be on his back all day. JJ Watt will have a field day and Connor Barwin and Antonio Smith will chip in as well. Hell even the very hard to sack Fitzpatrick in Buffalo last week got sacked 3 times and had another 11 qb hits laid on him against us. Cutler will be seeing stars by the second quarter and heaving pick 6's all day.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
Your offense has struggled against the bottom half of the league, now facing the #3 overall defense, and the #2 rushing defense in the league it somehow just clicks? I tried to come on this boarad for rational football discussion with Bears fans but so far I've been stumbling on mind blowing proclamations like this all week. We're not Tennessee, or Jax, or the clots, or any other crap team in the AFC/AFC South, we are the 7-1 Texans, same record as your bears. If you think this game is going to be a cake walk you're sadly mistaken.

If anything the bears match up terribly with Houston. Your biggest weapon is the run, which we shut down admirably these days. So that forces the ball into Cutler's hands. We take away almost everything middle-deep and rush 6, Cutler's achilles heel. He'll be on his back all day. JJ Watt will have a field day and Connor Barwin and Antonion Smith will chip in as well. Hell even the very hard to sack Fitzpatrick in Buffalo last week got sacked 3 times and had another 11 qb hits laid on him against us. Cutler will be seeing stars by the second quarter and heaving pick 6's all day.
Bears will win you steer ***** piece of shit.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
Insults, the last weapon of a man with no rebuttal.
you mad bitch? Bears are better than the Texans. The Texans will get obliterated for the whole nation to see for the 2nd straight game vs the NFCN. Weak ass team playing in a weak ass division in a weak ass conference. The Bears will add another AFCS blowout to their resume.

OmiyalePants

More pink bars means
Liked Posts:
What mighty offenses have the Texans shut down? They have a high-ranked defense because their opponents haven't been very good on offense.

NastyNate

Liked Posts:
you mad bitch? Bears are better than the Texans. The Texans will get obliterated for the whole nation to see for the 2nd straight game vs the NFCN. Weak ass team playing in a weak ass division in a weak ass conference. The Bears will add another AFCS blowout to their resume.

I like the part where you refuted my claims with stats and factual data. Thank heavens I didn't get drawn into a debate where someone actually presents opinions as facts.

NastyNate

Liked Posts:
What mighty offenses have the Texans shut down? They have a high-ranked defense because their opponents haven't been very good on offense.

The Ravens were the #2 offense I believe in the NFL when we played them. We held them to 13 points.

OmiyalePants

More pink bars means
Liked Posts:
I like the part where you refuted my claims with stats and factual data. Thank heavens I didn't get drawn into a debate where someone actually presents opinions as facts.
Yeah, unfortunately that's all too common on this board.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
I did state facts. The Texans play in the weakest division in football in the inferior conference. They got destroyed on national TV and will get destroyed again. All facts.

Jake

Liked Posts:
I don't think he knows about Brandon Marshall.
Matt Schaub has some ability, but the Bears defense is extremely disiplined, especially against the run and play action (Which PA, in my opinion, is one of Schaub's strengths).
If we can establish the run, which we need to do, we can keep them on their heels.
If we can't, then Cutler probably will get hit 11 times and sacked a few, but Cutler doesn't see stars. He's the toughest QB in the NFL, he can take the hits.

Our defense will stop Foster from being a factor. Tillman is a good matchup on Johnson. Owen Daniels is pretty good, though, not sure if we'll cover him with a LB or safety.
I could see Lovie maybe bringing in Kelvin Hayden to cover Daniels also.

This game will probably be close, and I think the edge will go to the team with the better special teams.
Hester's close to breaking one, and this is the game to do it.